What's new

Voskhods have become ridiculously cheap

The prices for Russian blades (pick your poison it's more than just Voskhods available at very low prices) have become ridiculously low on our most loved auction site. Since I've now converted my wife and daughter to DE shaving, it made sense to buy a whole lot more of them. They, based on each sneaking my razor and being immediately able to tell due to serious face butchering, must have leg hair like hedgehogs.

Anyway, $4.70 for 100 with $4.50 shipping and an additional $1.70 for each 100. So, I ordered 500 of them. For a total of $23.50. Multiple vendors are doing this.

They both have their own razors - a Blue Lady Gillette ('67 model) for my daughter and a Flare Tip ('58 model) for my wife. No more sneaking my razor and with a huge supply of blades - they both use a new one every shave.

There definitely seems to be a price war going on, I've got a nice stockpile already
With their hefty combined shipping discounts, the Russians are definitely good value for money on big orders
The Turkish sellers have got some good deals too, they've got one advantage, with free shipping, you only need to order 100 at a time, the best I've seen so far are:
100x Wilkinson Sword Classic €13,29
100x Bic Chrome €10,10
100x Astra Platinum €8,27 or 100x Astra Platinum + 1x Arko Shaving Stick €9,29
100x Shark Stainless €6,55
100x Rapira Super Stainless €4,87

It's definitely a buyer's market out there !!

The Russian Ruble has really taken a brutal beating the past few months...prices are cheap due to the exchange rate...Russia used to have at least a dozen nice creams , wish they would resurface !

Would be great if you could confirm, once your package arrives, that the seller that you are purchasing from doesn't have a batch with uneven bevels. Getting 500 at once is a no-go for me after getting disappointed by a bad QC batch.

Never tried Voskheds. Where do these sit on the quality scale?

I consider them to be very nice blades, both sharp and smooth. A fine, close, irritation-free shave. Not particularly long-lasting.

Caveat: I'm one of those people who is able to work with probably 98% of the blades on the market. Rare is the blade that just doesn't work for me.

Better to buy from a vendor here or on the bay? If here what vendor? I'm looking at picking up 500-1000 blades and so far have only gone shopping on the bay for 100 packs.

I just did a quick search and I think they're a bit more expensive than they were a couple of months ago. I think they were somewhere around $9 shipped then. Now it's about $11 or $12 shipped.

Still, a pretty good value. :thumbup1:

I just did a quick search and I think they're a bit more expensive than they were a couple of months ago. I think they were somewhere around $9 shipped then. Now it's about $11 or $12 shipped.

Still, a pretty good value. :thumbup1:

You'll find several Buy It Now deals for much less on the 'Bay. From vendors with very good ratings. But, you do have to be willing to wait for the incredibly slow shipping - it usually takes about 4 weeks for me to receive my orders. Once it took six. Russian mail puts them on the slow boat. But, they do eventually arrive. But, I'm already sitting on a nice stash and am in no rush to get them.

You'll find several Buy It Now deals for much less on the 'Bay. From vendors with very good ratings. But, you do have to be willing to wait for the incredibly slow shipping - it usually takes about 4 weeks for me to receive my orders. Once it took six. Russian mail puts them on the slow boat. But, they do eventually arrive. But, I'm already sitting on a nice stash and am in no rush to get them.
I'm cool with waiting, got my Rapira Platinum Lux that way! But the cheapest I see for Voskhod is $11 after shipping for 100 (I had eBay sort them for me).

The Voskhods are really low. Buying a box of 100 great blades for under a sawbuck is awesome! I have to agree, there must be something going on. I just had delivered a box of 100 blades of Rapira Superstainless for under $6...shipping and all.

Top Bottom