What's new

Voskhod?

I am pretty sure someone has answered this already but I searched and could not find it.

I just ordered 100 Voskhod blades and the markings are different, was just wondering if anyone
has used both and did you find any difference. They are cheap and I only use them for one shave.

Doug

I ordered new ones a bit ago, they seem identical to me. I'm surprised you find they taper off after one shave though, I know they are affordable but I find them one of the longest lasting blades.

I ordered new ones a bit ago, they seem identical to me. I'm surprised you find they taper off after one shave though, I know they are affordable but I find them one of the longest lasting blades.
I usually only use a blade a max of 3 times, sometimes I will use the Voskhod for 2 shaves.

The only blade I use 6 to 7 times is the PIF Polsilver Stainless that I got, I used the 1st blade 11 times, but I think the sweet spot is 6, I liked these blades so much that I ordered 300 of them.

Thanks for your response to my question.

Doug
6414CBE0-F532-4C70-88A7-DFC1E36390DD.jpeg

I have both and they are no different. However, I have bought a bad batch of the “Teflon coated” blades, one side tugs like crazy. This issue is documented in this forum by some other members.

no problems encountered with the new ones (blank package) so far. Great smooth blade, very good for daily shaves. I use them for 5-6 shaves

They are identical. They stopped using "Teflon" due to registered copy rights belonging to a different company that produces Teflon.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I bought a 100 pack a couple of years ago and like them, but don't use them very often. I like to use them when trying a new razor, or if I shave daily which I haven't needed to do in a while. I have heard and also experienced the occasional dud blade, but rarely.

Edit: I have the ones that say Teflon Coated by the way.

I have both and they are no different. However, I have bought a bad batch of the “Teflon coated” blades, one side tugs like crazy. This issue is documented in this forum by some other members.

no problems encountered with the new ones (blank package) so far. Great smooth blade, very good for daily shaves. I use them for 5-6 shaves
I’ve had that happen with the one voskhod blade that I’ve used. From what the blade looked like one side of the blade had been sharpened more than the other. Probably an alignment issue between the sharpening and feeding machine

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Voskhod make good blades. I won 100 in a PIF and was pleasantly surprised with the shave. I will have to have a look at what mine are as I packed them away when I went on a Cartridge binge To use some up.

Top Bottom