What's new

Voskhod $5.50/100 from Moscow (Ebay)

Well, since octane-2008 is the seller I feel much better. Thanks guys, at least now I don't have to worry about risking it. Just under $10 delivered is too good to pass up.

Let me know how they stack up to Compared to other Voskhods you used. The box they pictured seem different colors plus have a free item listed, that still worries me the blade may be off. but if they are the same I may have to order me some for that price. I been looking at it all daying got its too good to be true.

I took the plunge on 100 Voskhod's in hopes of a Christmas arrival. Start the clock for shipping from Russia to Idaho.

EDIT: I bought mine from Oktane-2008

I've come across some information (Google "Massive delays from Russia Post) that Russia Post has been loading airmail meant for some countries, Australia in particular, onto containers, waiting for them to get full, then sending them by sea. Looking at the tracking info, I think my blades have been processed similarly.

Any more B&Bers from down under or in the region still waiting a particularly long time for their packages from Moscow?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got my package from USSR today! If that isn't the coolest thing; now I know how to spell my name in Cyrillic. Anyway.

sorry now I only got 100; was only gambling $10 since I was only halfway sure they'd ever come! Used the seller recommended here- and the forum as a knowledge base come through again!

Edit: ordered nov. 29 from oktane-2008, if that helps anyone.

AA

Last edited:
Got my package from USSR today! If that isn't the coolest thing; now I know how to spell my name in Cyrillic. Anyway.

sorry now I only got 100; was only gambling $10 since I was only halfway sure they'd ever come! Used the seller recommended here- and the forum as a knowledge base come through again!

AA

Do the edges have a symetrical or uneven grind? I was worried since one of the members here posted pix of his uneven Voskhods.

AA

Thanks for the update on shipping time. My order was on Dec 6th.
I took the Russian tracking number, which Ebay and the USPS can't read, and Googled up a Russian postal tracking website. I now know that my package has at least been shipped (Still can't read the locations or expected delivery date).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Do the edges have a symetrical or uneven grind? I was worried since one of the members here posted pix of his uneven Voskhods.

I'll try to see later, shaving with one today.

they are genuine, and the "free gift" the seller promised are a tuck of Ladas and a tuck of Rapira Swedish super steel.

I was worried what the gummint might think of that package, then I remembered they read all the internet traffic too, so they already know what it is. :bored: "Everything's OK."

AA

I've got to say I picked some of these blades up following the recommendations above and they are fantastic. I've really enjoyed the Personna Blues, but these blades take my shave to a whole new level. they are so smooth!

Took about 6 weeks to arrive, but WOW!

I bought 100 Voskhods from one of the ebay "Russian Federation" vendors last year for about $10. They take a couple weeks to get to the USA but the transaction was fine. Very good blade at a great value.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So what was the verdict? Even or uneven? Smooth or tuggy?
Thanks!

They're perfectly good! Only shaved with one or two, so it's hard to rank ... they're in the middle of the "acceptable" pack.

The name is cool, means 'sunrise' and connotes their space program. Comrade gets a good shave with one, da?

AA

Yup, mine appear to be perfectly fine as well! Love these freakin blades, they'd still be a steal at twice the price.

I ordered 300 more Voskhods from Russia on Friday. Once those arrive, I'll have over 400, although my son likes them as well, so I probably won't use them all myself.

I ordered 100 from "Gordelux04", got here in my remote part of Canada in about 3 weeks so, just so you know, this is a good seller too.

Top Bottom