What's new

GIVEAWAY! Volunteers sign up here!

Here’s my thoughts of the latest updated version with the added mint.

In general, what do you think - like it, dislike it?
Like all Captain Choice aftershaves it is a fantastic performer. After my initial use I went and asked my wonderful wife to conduct the sniff test, and she said, “you smell minty, I like it” passed her test and honestly that’s the only opinion that matters to me. Great job Scott!

~ How is the scent strength - about right, too strong, too weak?
Scent strength was spot on for me. Not too strong not too weak. It’s not incredibly long lasting lasting but long enough to get some residual whiffs of the goodness for a bit after the shave!

~ How is the face feel after dry down?
Like every A/S from the Captain it’s spectacular! Worked wonders for me!

~ Would you buy a bottle of it when it is available? Minty isn’t typically a go to for me, it’s a great spring time scent and something different. I could see owning this for some variety. Would probably find a way to add a slight menthol kick, as I love menthol in my A/S.

Thanks again for the opportunity to offer some feedback Scott! I hope it’s helpful!
BCAE5E40-6C5B-44F7-8404-2E34D3C8BFAB.jpeg

@Captain Pre-Capsize

Comparatively speaking, this sample holds true to the same high bar as set by other Captain's Choice splashes.
Wonderful feedback and post-shave feel with a delicate balance of Eucalyptus drying down to a wonderful minty aroma.
Throughout the day, I am able to detect with subtlety, that lingering mint which I find to be an uptick; relating to the previous sample set.

I reiterate my earlier assessment, that off the vial the smell strength is where it should be.
The scent is pleasing to me and given the opportunity, I can undoubtedly say that a bottle of this splash would immediately find a space on my counter for daily use.

2379f562-e6eb-42a9-855b-08603dce4f7e-jpeg.1453151

* 4 uses

Good news here. We have several volunteers in the first go 'round who have not replied to receive this revised version. If you are reading this and would like to receive a free sample in exchange for your candid appraisal just send me a PM with your address. We will keep this open until the few remaining are gone.
Just finished the revised version. Thanks to the Captain for the generous offer!
I got ten (10) or more uses from the sample and the experience was pleasant.

In general, what do you think - like it, dislike it?...I like it!

If you had to pick one, which of the two versions would you prefer?...I only tried the revised updated version.

How is the scent strength - about right, too strong, too weak?...about right initially but not very long lasting for me.

How is the face feel after dry down?...Face feel is great...very soothing.

Would you buy a bottle of it when it is available?...most likely not BUT a similar product with a different scent I would try.

Thanks again Scott! :cuppa:

@Captain Pre-Capsize

I noticed what appears to be a new bottle of aftershave on your site, Eucalyptus. Is this the same as sample 5919? Does it have the mint in it that I like?

Yes, the full size Eucalyptus in our store is the same as sample #5919. We just activated the listing two days ago. Full size bottles will be going out to our retailers over the next week. Then as they place their next orders they will have tried it and be able to add it to their order.

At this point it is being released as aftershave only. In a month or so we will be rolling it out in the shaving soap and shave cream as well. This sequence of roll out is typical for us. So for now keep this news to yourself here in this private PM ;) as we continue the soft roll out of this new scent. Shhhh, don't mention anything on the internet and whatEVER you do, don't post it publicly on B&B. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Yes, the full size Eucalyptus in our store is the same as sample #5919. We just activated the listing two days ago. Full size bottles will be going out to our retailers over the next week. Then as they place their next orders they will have tried it and be able to add it to their order.

At this point it is being released as aftershave only. In a month or so we will be rolling it out in the shaving soap and shave cream as well. This sequence of roll out is typical for us. So for now keep this news to yourself here in this private PM ;) as we continue the soft roll out of this new scent. So don't mention anything on the internet and whatEVER you do, don't post it publicly on B&B. :biggrin1:

Glad to know that it is the same from the sample, this makes me happy. Your so funny Scott! LOL :lol: I just noticed it on the website when I was looking for changes, and my observant mind noticed something different. I was like, wait a second whats this then. HAHA! And lastly, I am always happy to serve our awesome captain, whatever you need, just let me know.

When I got the Italia, I got it in both aftershave and shave soap. But with the Eucalyptus, I think I am more interested in it as an aftershave, so thats what I will get eventually. Cool stuff Scott, your doing great work over there.

PS: I am enjoying my new lather bowl and mug, and the coaster looks amazing, gotta love it! 😁

In general - like except for scent it is not for me - smells like a concoction mistake at a dental lab. Nice cooling for hot weather - a timely launch.

Sent strength - fades quick; I like it to linger longer; eucalyptus fades quicker than mint.

Feel after dry - great soothing and a little moisturizing. Close to perfect. Not heavy nor greasy.

Buy - not this sent; too many I have not tried. Might consider buying as a summer seasonal but confident that other sent would be preferred. Might also consider purchase to reward innovation and change outside the norm.

Thanks. Best of luck with the silent super secret launch.

Top Bottom