What's new

Vitos Red Wow

Ì needed more soap or cream so though I'd try this. A kg block costs less than some 100g soaps I couldn't resist.

its a strange consistency, but easy to mould a bit into an empty tin. Lettering was easy although I needed to load the brush for longer than usual. The lather was thick, no problems. It felt creamy.
However, the razor dragged in some areas of my face. After 3 passes plus touch up there were still areas poorly shaved. I usually only need 2 passes. No comfort . After, my face had slight burning and felt like fine sandpaper.
3 shaves and I don't see it's worth going on. At last I see a need for pre shave, after shave balm, items I never need.

This has been the experience of other cheap soaps.

Guys, not for me, I value my face too much!!

Vito’s works very well for me! It is ’croap’ or rather soft soap that needs a fair bit of water IME!

Perhaps worth a few more tries, as it always takes me awhile to ‘dial in‘ a new product.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sounds almost like you have other issues, like a dull blade or something.
Try the extra water as @BigJ suggests.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Vito’s works very well for me! It is ’croap’ or rather soft soap that needs a fair bit of water IME!

Perhaps worth a few more tries, as it always takes me awhile to ‘dial in‘ a new product.
Sounds almost like you have other issues, like a dull blade or something.
Try the extra water as @BigJ suggests.

Agree with @BigJ and @nemo - Vito's does need more water than some to perform at it's best. Perhaps keep a small bowl of water handy to dip the tips of your brush as needed?

Quick question: What type of brush do you use?

Vito’s works very well for me!

Me, too! In fact, it's all I've really used for about the past 5 or 6 years, both the block and the creams. Not once has the razor dragged on some areas of my face, but I use Feathers exclusively. And if it did, I'd be looking at my technique.

After only 3 shaves with the stuff, I really think you have other issues going on regarding any poor shave using Vitos. But, then again, it might simply not work for you! Look at it this way, you've got A LOT of soap to get dialed in if you did buy the block. I'd buy it from you, but I just restocked myself! A block lasts me about 2 years!

I've never had a problem with any of the traditional soaps or aftershaves from the Mediterranean region. Vitos, Cella, Proraso, Musgo, La Toja... they all work great for me.

Don

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Vitos is a soap that I have not tried yet. As suggested I would try a little more water and see if that helps. It can take a few shaves to dial in a new soap. That is what I have found.

Yes, I'd love to make this work. Shaved today with what I'd call a good soap , the same blade and the difference was staggering! I'll keep trying with Vitos.

Top Bottom