What's new

Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have considered trying this soap, further down the line, but can't see me buying the litre block. I only tend to need about 0.5g per shave in soft soaps, and committing to nearly 2000 shaves of one product, even as cheap as it is, would clash with my desire to keep purchases rational.

I've already done that (a 2000+ shave stash) with Palmolive sticks, although that paid off with them dropping out of (UK) circulation. Thankfully there are a few vendors selling the Rosso+ in smaller quantities (Connaught and Gemstone Trading spring to mind). Maybe next year...

I have considered trying this soap, further down the line, but can't see me buying the litre block. I only tend to need about 0.5g per shave in soft soaps, and committing to nearly 2000 shaves of one product, even as cheap as it is, would clash with my desire to keep purchases rational.

I've already done that (a 2000+ shave stash) with Palmolive sticks, although that paid off with them dropping out of (UK) circulation. Thankfully there are a few vendors selling the Rosso+ in smaller quantities (Connaught and Gemstone Trading spring to mind). Maybe next year...

+1! Definitely a commitment!! That would last longer than most marriages!! :a29:

For your repackaging needs I thought these labels could come in handy:

Vitos Green

vitos_verde.png
Vitos Red
vitos_rossa.png
Vitos Red + (Coconut)
VITOS-SOAP.png

:a30:

This thread is a little bit old yet I wanted to inform:
It's official, unfortunately the "Vitos Extra Super" (red one) is discontinued! :sad:
Here the answer of the producer "Susan Darnell" to my question about it being discontinued.

good morning,

you are right, we not produce vitos super since this summer and we will not produce more. but we have only the vitos classic (green box) and the vitos extra super with oil cocco inside.

best regards

The other red one with coconut oil is also mostly out of stock in Italian online shops, so I'm afraid the other versions will be discontinued as well soon! (same happened to Valobra)

I've already ordered some in order to have enough supplies for a few years.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This thread is a little bit old yet I wanted to inform:
It's official, unfortunately the "Vitos Extra Super" (red one) is discontinued! :sad:
Here the answer of the producer "Susan Darnell" to my question about it being discontinued.

The other red one with coconut oil is also mostly out of stock in Italian online shops, so I'm afraid the other versions will be discontinued as well soon! (same happened to Valobra)

I've already ordered some in order to have enough supplies for a few years.

Let's post links or information about sources we find.

I saw some on eBay yesterday, from the UK.

As I read the vendor's information it seems a bit unclear and not definitive, but it's also not written by someone fluent in the English language. I'm not really quite sure what they're saying about the future, not at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have ordered from this shop Vitos sapone per barba extra super - https://www.cosmeticishop.it/vitos-sapone-per-barba-extra-super
but I haven't received anything yet; As soon as I receive the soap I will inform.
These are all the links I know, but please bear in mind that I have never ordered anything from them yet. (same goes for cosmeticishop till I receive the soap)

With the help of google chrome translate, you will be able to place an order!

Here an update:
After ordering from cosmeticishop, you have to send them an Email asking about your order; Then you will receive a kind answer that the shipping costs out of Italy aren't calculated automatically, it will cost xx for shipping to your address.
If you agree you will get a link for paying the shipment (with Paypal), if not you get your refund!

Excuse me Jim, I am not sure what the question is. Are you asking which is a safe way to store long-term an Italian soft soap? If so, I wrote a tutorial on this years ago, just give a look in My Wiki page (in my signarure line).

If it's something else, just ask my friend. :)

Thank you Marco for your tutorial, i was doing exactly what you wrote 10 years ago so i'm comforted.:thumbsup:

And the small container is also more convenient for an everyday usage because, when i go to the bathroom with this 1 KG brick in hand, i get the feeling to look like Pablo Escobar instead of Cary Grant, for instance... So, no thanks !:biggrin:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I ordered a few days ago a brick of Vitos Red from Gifts and Care.

The shipping was more than the brick, but, even so, it's a very inexpensive and a most excellent soap.

VitosRed.Box.Sticker-on-End.Coco.5-1-20.480.JPG

10-25-21.WR2.1.35.Vitos.Mistura.640.JPG

As you may know, my next to be be used chunk-cut-off-the-brick airs out in my den for a month before being mashed into my tub. That gets rid of the almond scent, which I hate. The tiniest amount of coconut scent remains at least in theory, but I consider it a scentless soap.

It's the best.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've been using Vito's Red Cocco for about a year now and love it. I also use Cella (on 3rd kilo) Both for me are about the same except Vito's is not as soft as Cella and may last a little longer. Cella is already 1 of 2 of my permanent soaps. Too hard to pick which one I like better, sooooo I guess I'll make Vito's permanent too.

I purchased a liter of red Vitos from german amazon, with a stated scent of "Kokosnuss", so was expecting to get a brick of Rosso+. The one I received today has no coco sticker, no declared coco perfume on the wrapper and I pick up no coconut scent from the soap itself, which is soft and white and contain hydrogenated tallow.

Top Bottom