What's new

vitamins

GNC has several different formulas. I use the Mega Men and feel it does give a little boost to the day. You can get them at local GNC store, Rite Aid, or at drugstore.com

Depending on your nutritional requirements, you may want to look into some of the other "focused" multivitamins that include things for joints or whatnot. If it costs more than double than the drugstore brand, its probably not worth it, no matter how much hype or claim.

Also, remember that more isnt necessarily better. A lot of vitamins have toxicities at values higher than USRDA leading consumers to think more is better. 6000% RDA CAN hurt you. This is a dense/maybe difficult read, but sums it up: http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic638.htm

I think any general multi-vitamin will do the job. I take One-a-Day's Men's Health - has some green tea and lycopene added.

I have a friend who used to work in the factory that made Centrum. After hearing about some of their shenanigan's, I avoid that one.

A few years back, Men's Health magazine tested quite a few and recommended One-a-Day Men's formula.

I've been taking them ever since and have been perfectly happy. I've tried MANY GNC formulas as well as "Animal Packs," etc. None have been appreciably better than One-a-Day (yet all more expensive).

I get the big containers from Costco and don't give them a second thought.

I've taken them, and not taken them over my 70+ years, and have never noticed a difference. My wife, however, swears she can tell the difference when she doesn't take hers. I currently take a 50+ Centrum multi, CoQ10, D, C, Prostate health, glucosamine & baby Bayer. I'm about to enter a period of NOT taking any once gone. If anything kills me it will be from chocking on a pill at breakfast.

Top Bottom