What's new

Vitalis Discontinued?

Yeah. I'm hoping this is just temporary, and that they're going to reformulate Vitalis, restore the ingredients that were removed a few years ago and then bring it back, similar to what was done with Sea Breeze by the same company. I have a couple of bottles of Lucky Tiger. I actually like it a lot. Currently though I've replaced Vitalis with Protein 29 (another classic product where the brand has been bought and sold several times). It works almost identically to Vitalis, maybe even better in my opinion. The only issue with it is the scent. It literally smells like Windex.

I agree about the Pinaud tonics. They smell nice but just don't really have any "useful" ingredients, with the exception of Osage Rub, which I use every morning but even that has no styling properties.
Where do you buy your Protein 29? I know it can be ordered via a barber supply, but is their a chain that carries it? I'd like to save on shipping....

So I located a bottle of Vitalis, the last one on the shelf at Walmart. Made by Idelle Labs, but interestingly, no mention of V7 on the bottle. Mine looks like this:
View attachment 1360509

They got rid of the "V7" several years ago. The version pre-2017 contained Hydroabietyl Alcohol. The one that's been on the shelf for the last few years is a different formulation.

20130131-002950.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow! Now there's a memory for you! I used Vitalis from when I first started to pay attention to grooming (about the time I started noticing girls) until about 10 years after I got out of the Air Force. I've been using this for the last many years ...

proxy.php

Pops used to use this...

proxy.php

I started using Vitalis for I don't know what reason, but used it for decades. I'll have to try some again.

They got rid of the "V7" several years ago. The version pre-2017 contained Hydroabietyl Alcohol. The one that's been on the shelf for the last few years is a different formulation.

View attachment 1360844
I think that Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic has been reformulated as well. I purchased a new bottle a couple of months ago and the ingredients differ somewhat from the previous ingredient list. The new bottle also has European hazmat symbols on the label as well as fourteen languages on how to use the product added to the side. Probably targeting the European market and have to comply with approved EU cosmetic ingredients.

Lucky Tiger 1.JPGLucky Tiger 2.JPG

Stopped lurking and made an account just to share the news.
I called customer service for Helen of Troy (the company that owns this product, along with Brut and several others). They said that Vitalis is not discontinued, but that they just recently purchased the product from another company 2 months ago. They said that production was interrupted during this transition, but to be patient and that the product would be back on shelves shortly.
According to the rep I spoke to, the formulation will not be changing.

Edit: Didn't see your comment tthoms, but I am seeing that as well. Finally in stock at Amazon as well.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Wow! Now there's a memory for you! I used Vitalis from when I first started to pay attention to grooming (about the time I started noticing girls) until about 10 years after I got out of the Air Force. I've been using this for the last many years ...

proxy.php

Pops used to use this...

proxy.php

I started using Vitalis for I don't know what reason, but used it for decades. I'll have to try some again.
I was a Wildroot man back in my pimple-popping teenage years. Never did cotton to Vitalis, though I did like the scent. Once in college, gelled up like everyone else.

I called customer service for Helen of Troy (the company that owns this product, along with Brut and several others). They said that Vitalis is not discontinued, but that they just recently purchased the product from another company 2 months ago. They said that production was interrupted during this transition, but to be patient and that the product would be back on shelves shortly.

Edit: Didn't see your comment tthoms, but I am seeing that as well. Finally in stock at Amazon as well.
That's just people selling old stock though. Walmart's website is an aggregate for online storefronts on amazon and elsewhere that anyone can create, similar to "ebay stores." It's not current production. It's not actually available from Walmart itself or in stores.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I got an email from them that Brut is not going away.

I have discovered that one drop of grapeseed oil (from your favorite supermarket) placed in the palm of one hand, rub hands together, and then rub hands into the hair and scalp, makes an outstanding hair dressing virtually for free.

I made a supply of this hair dressing in a small bottle, in which I added one drop of peppermint (?) for scent. Very nice, in my biased opinion.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have discovered that one drop of grapeseed oil (from your favorite supermarket) placed in the palm of one hand, rub hands together, and then rub hands into the hair and scalp, makes an outstanding hair dressing virtually for free.

I made a supply of this hair dressing in a small bottle, in which I added one drop of peppermint (?) for scent. Very nice, in my biased opinion.
EXCELLENT idea my friend. I shall try it.

Top Bottom