What's new

Visiting Chicago Illinois, Magnificent Mile

Hi,
I am visiting Chicago Illinois this November 8-11 for a trade show. We will be staying on Magnificent Mile, and looking for places to eat breakfast & dinner. :) I have been there twice, and know of some restaurants I like. In the past we have visited Lawrys Prime Rib, Grand Lux Cafe, The Cheese Cake Factory, Giordano's Pizza, and Oak Tree Restaurant for breakfast. I believe we could easily miss some great places, although trying to stay in the $$ range. Any recommendation on places to eat and things to see. Thanks, :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Visit Merz Apothecary and Q Brothers at
4716 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
$Merz.jpg

And then have a meal up the street at
Chicago Brauhaus
4732 N Lincoln Ave,
Chicago, IL 60625
$brauhaus.jpg

Phil's advice is great! You can also drop down to the Merz in the Loop (17 E Monroe), and then have a drink at the Palmer House Hilton (Merz is a storefront there) and then wander around the corner to Millers Pub for a bite to eat and if you feel so inclined, grab a great smoke at Iwan Ries after!

Thanks guys! Mertz looks interesting. The Menroe location would be close to where we stay. interesting input on restaurants, we are staying on Magnificent S anything closer to the south side?

Thanks guys! Mertz looks interesting. The Menroe location would be close to where we stay. interesting input on restaurants, we are staying on Magnificent S anything closer to the south side?

For kicks, you could go to the Billy Goat :biggrin1:

I love the Billy goat breakfast. It's the perfect way to start the day if you plan on drinking all night

Great breakfast at The West Egg Cafe, E Ontario St, 2 blocks east of the Mag Mile at N Fairbanks.
In the evening Timothy O'Toole's, next to the West Egg Cafe.
For authentic street meat, Portillo's, W Clark St and N. Clark.
You must also try Garrett Popcorn Shop, E Ontario at Mag Mile.

And then have a meal up the street at
Chicago Brauhaus
4732 N Lincoln Ave,
Chicago, IL 60625

I'll second this! I went to Chicago and met with Scott from Captain's Choice. He recommended that I go to the Brauhaus after my visit to Q Brothers, and I loved it. Great food, and very reasonably priced as well. I will be going back there again, next time in Chicago.

Phil's advice is great! You can also drop down to the Merz in the Loop (17 E Monroe), and then have a drink at the Palmer House Hilton (Merz is a storefront there) and then wander around the corner to Millers Pub for a bite to eat and if you feel so inclined, grab a great smoke at Iwan Ries after!

I stay at the Palmer House all the time on business and spend way too much money at Merz when I'm there. If you have a drink at the lobby bar, PLEASE do yourself a favor and try their bloody mary. They have a giant cannister where they infuse the vodka with all manner of peppers and vegetables for the bloody mary's and they are fantastic.

Cheers!

If you're willing to take a cab anywhere, definitely get yourself out to Kuma's Corner. Though be prepared to wait for a seat.

Otherwise, if you are hellbent on staying in the loop area, consider The Gage, The Berghoff, or Italian Village.

Top Bottom