What's new

Visit to MORIHEI Tokyo today

Hi gents

I’m in Tokyo for a few days and I took a couple of hours to pay a visit to a good friend of mine The owner of Morihei in Asakusabashi.

I wanted a new pair of JNAT and acquired an Ozuku kitta carved from that gigantic stone you see here and a Nakayama. 2 top stones I can‘t wait to try.
As always a joy to share experiences with this very kind man: “what is the best succession of nagura to utilize, how to generate the right slurry, the right pressure for each stone.…?”

I met him for the first time in April 2015, he is getting old now. I wish him a long life.
Happy to share some pics.

Best to all.

Nakayama Ozuku
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
That was a fantastic visit! Does this man sell stones online? I would love to get a nice clean Nakayama or Ozuku. I( have aq nice Ozuku, but it is rather small.

Nakayama , these are fantastic photos , thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us . I'm sure most of us wish we were there with you !...... Can you tell us how the stone master cuts the stone into the rectangle shape ?.... If it's not too personal can you tell us what sizes and prices please ?.... Does he have someone to pass his craft on to ??

That was a fantastic visit! Does this man sell stones online? I would love to get a nice clean Nakayama or Ozuku. I( have aq nice Ozuku, but it is rather small.
Hi
They don’t unfortunately ! But it’s worth the trip !!!

Nakayama , these are fantastic photos , thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us . I'm sure most of us wish we were there with you !...... Can you tell us how the stone master cuts the stone into the rectangle shape ?.... If it's not too personal can you tell us what sizes and prices please ?.... Does he have someone to pass his craft on to ??
Hi ! No idea about how he does this . What I know is that he has been a disciple of Morihei.
The size is about 25 cm x 10-15 cm and the prices are expressed in yen at the bottom of the picture . It cost me around 2.6 K Eur

Fantastic, you should have picked up the whole slab, make a coffee/honing.:drool:
Ciao Doc ! Yep and I would have invited you in Milano for a honing/coffee session !
Stones are nice but you are still the honing Sensei over here !

Hi ! No idea about how he does this . What I know is that he has been a disciple of Morihei.
The size is about 25 cm x 10-15 cm and the prices are expressed in yen at the bottom of the picture . It cost me around 2.6 K Eur
And yes I am concerned about the future since he is old now
But a young padawan assisted us during the visit …maybe his disciple ?

Here is the Sensei today

proxy.php

And in 2015 honing one of my Dorko and showing me his art !
A wonderful person. Of times forever gone.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom