What's new

VISION + Swedish Gillette = Whoa, Mama!

Ok, once more into the breech ,Mr. Quigley

This review comes after the one on VISION + Derby and b4 the Vision + Feather(although I shaved with the feather first).

1st shave: VISION loaded with Swedish Gillette(duh!)

SCS Orange Sorbet

Alum Block

Proraso asb

results: I have heard others on this site talk about how "smooth" the Swede was, but to be honest, I had no idea! When shaving with this combo, this must be the closest you can get to feeling like shaving with a straight.

The swedish blade is smooth and sharp! I got a nick, but had no idea when I did it; not to worry, though- it didn't survive the alum block :wink:

Man, my face was as smooth as glass- I could hear it squeak when rubbed!
This was after 2 passes- a third was not needed. The major difference between this blade and the derby, was that the Swede was ready, willing, and able from the first shave down to the fifth shave- no dramatic changes in performance; whereas the derby shave changed from the first to the fifth.

Why have I not recorded any other shaves? because they all went like the first one. Granted, due to its deceptive sharpness, I needed to pay more than the usual attention to my shaves, but the results spoke for themselves. I really and truly do not understand why king gillette would remove not only the razor, but this blade from america ( oh, wait- its the money). I loved the derby blades( price + performance), but I think I will have to move the Swedish Gillette to the top of my list. remember, YMMV. Lookout auravita, here I come!

Marty

Nice writeup Marty. I think your experience is prbably similar to many others on the Gillette. Strange blades. loved or hated.:001_wub: :glare:

I concur the Vision loaded with the Swedes produces a fantastic shave. However, I also get great shaves when I load my Vision with a Derby, but they're different.

I think the Swede does best early in the shave and the Derby does best late in the shave and for T&C. I can't decide which one I like better. I wish I could load one on one side and the other on the opposite side. I keep going back and forth as to which I like better because as I said they're both different both almost equally good. I'm tempted to change blades mid-shave but that could become a major PITA to do each time. Of course I could always buy another Vision and load it with the other blade as they are such a bargain, yeah right.:001_rolle

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
htownmmm said:
I have heard others on this site talk about how "smooth" the Swede was, but to be honest, I had no idea! When shaving with this combo, this must be the closest you can get to feeling like shaving with a straight.

The Swedes are some mighty fine blades, but don't feel anything like a straight at all. The hard core straight folks will, of course, say "why, you just don't have your razor sharp enough, blah, blah blah."
I disagree. An injector feels much more similar to a straight than does a DE. They are three different animals, as far as I'm concerned, but I love them all.

Incidentally, I find the Israeli Personnas to be even smoother than the Swedes.

ouch said:
Incidentally, I find the Israeli Personnas to be even smoother than the Swedes.

Interestingly, since I have been into the LetterK sampler pack, when I returned to the Israelis, the shave was no where near as nice, in fact, due to road rash, I ended up changing the blade out. Hopefully, that was a 'burn' blade and the rest of the pack will return to normal.

Then again, my face could have adjusted to the sharper blades and going to something 'not as sharp' may be noticeable.

Ouch is right -

As I former "non-believer" in the Israeli blades...:blushing:

They are much nicer than the Swedish Gillettes (and I loved them).

You learn something new every day!

Top Bottom