What's new

Vision First Shave

Dropped an Astra sp in my latest acquisition, and it is awesome. I keep a mustache and goatee so no problems under the nose. Might have just displaced my fatboy as my dd!

Congrats. I bought the Futur and while I liked the shave it's aesthetics left something to be desired. I don't know why but the Futur reminded me of the robot in the cool original movie "The day the earth stood still". One day I'll spring for the vision as that's such a cool looking beast. It's huge!

The size is the hardest thing for me to get used to. Seeing pictures doesn't do it justice when sitting next to my fatboy

I'm very tempted to buy a Vision also it's a beautiful looking razor. I'd be interested to hear how it shaves. I am a real fan of adjustibles.

Vision 2000 has been one of my top DE razors since I bought mine over 2 years ago. I know I can get a perfect shave regardless of the brand of blade I use in it.

It almost makes shaving NO FUN any more View attachment 410643

proxy.php

Vision 2000 is the one I use 9 times out of 10. Just remember to disassemble it every few weeks and clean as Merkur advises. My Muhle R89 and collection of vintage razors have been gathering a bit of dust these days!

Vision 2000 has been one of my top DE razors since I bought mine over 2 years ago. I know I can get a perfect shave regardless of the brand of blade I use in it.

It almost makes shaving NO FUN any more View attachment 410643

proxy.php

What setting(s) do you use your vision at? Do you change the settings between passes?

I've been thinking about a Vision 2000 for weeks the only think that makes me hesitate apart from the price is the regular cleaning required and a worry it might not be built to last

Last edited:
What setting(s) do you use your vision at? Do you change the settings between passes?

I've been thinking about a Vision 2000 for weeks the only think that makes me hesitate apart from the price is the regular cleaning required and a worry it might not be built to last

You can change the settings as you shave and the regular cleaning is very simple. Just have to make sure the razor is in the right configuration (look at numerous you tube videos) then it is a simple depression of the center bar (blade alignment bar) in the door area and removal of the knob at the bottom of the razor. The whole door assembly can then be pulled out. Putting it back you just reverse the process. Takes 10-15 seconds to disassemble for cleaning. IMO this is the best DE razor available today.

Top Bottom