What's new

Visconti Homo Sapiens or Aurora 88

Hello All,

Which do you prefer? Visconti Homo Sapiens or the Aurora 88. Do you feel that one is superior to the other?

I have the Homo Sapiens Bronze age and I love it.
I don't have the Aurora 88. I have an Aurora Talentum with italic nib and is a great writer.

I LOVE my Aurora 88. I have the modern version with F nib. (I have a few vintage as well, but am assuming you are asking about the modern) I owned a homosapien steel with M dreamtouch nib. I sold the homosapien.

The homosapien was a nice pen, but way to heavy for me. The nib was semi flexible.

The 88 is a nail, but writes like a dream.

These two pens are really very different beasts.

The 88 is by far a better pen imho. I don't know that my preference would be the same as yours though.

If you do get an 88, I would look at the secondary market. You can by one for much cheaper than retail...at least that has been my experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I LOVE my Aurora 88. I have the modern version with F nib. (I have a few vintage as well, but am assuming you are asking about the modern) I owned a homosapien steel with M dreamtouch nib. I sold the homosapien.

The homosapien was a nice pen, but way to heavy for me. The nib was semi flexible.

The 88 is a nail, but writes like a dream.

These two pens are really very different beasts.

The 88 is by far a better pen imho. I don't know that my preference would be the same as yours though.

If you do get an 88, I would look at the secondary market. You can by one for much cheaper than retail...at least that has been my experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the insight. I prefer nibs with a little feedback with less flex. I've been watching YouTube videos and researching both pens over the past month, but needed some testimonies to consider as well. The 88 seems more like my speed. Plus, the Unica Nera looks awesome!

Thank you again.

The Visconti is quite handsome, but has a Palladium nib...if my memory serves me correctly. I have heard that palladium nibs are difficult to work with as far as the grinding and tuning goes.

If getting it ground and tuned isn’t something you are interested in, then the Visconti gets my vote!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom