What's new

Visconti Homo Sampiens (Bronze Oversize)

Does anybody own one of these? If so, how hard is it to keep clean and preferably stain free? Right now I am in the research stage and have also been looking at vendors here and over in Europe. I understand that it is a wet writer and the grinds run a bit bigger e.g. a medium nib might translate to a broad in another pen manufacturer, is this true? Thanks for any input.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
@Dave258 did a review a while back and I know @syngent has one or two as well.
I don't own one but I do know it's a heavy pen if you like that sort of thing.

Does anybody own one of these? If so, how hard is it to keep clean and preferably stain free? Right now I am in the research stage and have also been looking at vendors here and over in Europe. I understand that it is a wet writer and the grinds run a bit bigger e.g. a medium nib might translate to a broad in another pen manufacturer, is this true? Thanks for any input.
My nib on this is an extra fine that is extra fine, not sure how the medium would run. They are basically a sealed converter but the nib unit does remove. Not the easiest to clean, but far from the hardest. Maintenance was never a headache for me

Thanks for your replies fella's and some direction. I had read the review and there is mention of skipping. I have seen mentioned also on YouTube Reviews, the skipping issue. I do not know if this is problematic with the entire line of Homo Sapiens or is it hit and miss, luck of the draw so to speak.

I recently purchased one with an EF 18kt gold nib from the Goulet Pens. The nib is indeed very wet and in my opinion it is slightly broader than an F nib in my Pilot Custom 74 or 823. I asked the people at the Goulet Pen to tune it up for me and the pen does not give me any skipping or hard starts.

I inked the pen only twice and am yet to get to the point when I need to clean it.

Hope it helps,
Alex

The pen is tough to get running clean through the enclosed vacuum fill styled captive converter. Sonic cleaners help. So does some hand moisturizer applied to the body of the pen it is porous to an extent and as opposed to relying on hand oils I use a dab or two of hand cream to the body of the pen. Finally I do not own a sonic cleaner but others swear they are the most important pen accessory for folks wanting the nib, fins and feeds to come clean. Even 20-30 seconds tends to make a difference in the sonic cleaners.

Top Bottom