What's new

Virus at Vintage Blades LLC?

I have a program that caches the webpages that I visit. Today was the second time that I got a message from my antivirus telling me that my cached webpages had a virus. The first time I emptied my cache and was not sure what site it was from.

Today, my AVG program told me that there was the JS/Psyme.QM on the Vintage Blades cache index file.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would normally email the site owner, but now I am scared to visit the site to get his email address.

A couple of people over at SMF reported this same issue a few days ago. One of them was going to email Jim to let him know about the infection on his server.

You might email (or PM him here) to let him know the problem is still there. Any details you can provide him would be helpful (time, the name of the infection/worm, etc.).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a program that caches the webpages that I visit. Today was the second time that I got a message from my antivirus telling me that my cached webpages had a virus. The first time I emptied my cache and was not sure what site it was from.

Today, my AVG program told me that there was the JS/Psyme.QM on the Vintage Blades cache index file.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would normally email the site owner, but now I am scared to visit the site to get his email address.

I got a virus warning too.

What browser are you guys using? I have Firefox and am running the latest McAfee AV plus ZoneAlarm firewall and have received no indications.

I tried it again this morning and got a warning from Zonealarm, something to do with CGI. I think that has something to do with the commercial end; scripts. I use Firefox with XP. It appears the main page is down. Maybe they're fixing it.

Looks like the page is loading an IFRAME on 77.221.133.150. Reckon the server may have been compromised. I emailed Jim about it.

Hey guys. I want to thank those of you who have alerted me of this problem. We are actively, and I do mean actively looking into this. I appreciate your patience and underatanding while we sort this out.

I have been told that the issue has been resolved. I want to again express my thanks to those of you who took the time to make me aware of this problem. I hope that if something like this ever occurs again, you will not hesitate to contact me.

Top Bottom