What's new

Virginiasheng shaving brushes?

First shave

Before the first shave I did already make a test lather by bowl lathering and I was quite surprised by the amount off lather it created.

When I used it for the first time I was quite surprised by the performance from this shaving brush, as I had been using for more then two years only pure badger shaving brushes and off those pure badger shaving brushes was the Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger.

I always face lather so I did right away notice the softness off the tips from the badger hair and I really liked that feeling and some might maybe think then that it would be floppy, but it provided plenty off backbone Smile I also was first afraid that the handle was to short for holding it comfortable, but during face lathering I had no problem holding it firmly Smile.

Also it didn't shed any hairs at all during this first shave and that quite surprised me as most other shaving brushes that I tested always shed some hairs during the first use. I also noticed the soaking ability off this shaving brush is better then mine pure badgers.

And the shaving brush seems quite dense, even though it just a 20mm the knot looks abit wider then mine Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger. Before I forget it, of course during this first shave the shaving brush still smelled to dead badger.

Conclusion for the time being

For now I'm really satisfied about this shaving brush and it feels for me definitely like a upgrade from mine pure badger shaving brushes and the quality from this shaving brush is really good and I think its comparable with more expensive western brands who might sell an pure badger for like £ 20 with a similar handle.

For the time being I can also say that its safe to buy an finest badger shaving brush from virginiasheng and this is a nice alternative for the Frank Shaving shaving brushes.

Ofcourse to make mine conclusion finally I should use it a little longer, but ofcourse a badger shaving brush doesnt have a long break in period, so it might not change a lot , although I do think the performance with a badger shaving brush is normally much better after three shaves.

So it suprised me it was already so good with the first shave, although I might have cheated with the test lather.

Top Bottom