What's new

Virginia Sheng Badger Knots?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Well I shaved with my new Silvertip and while I am quite pleased with the brush it really didnt feel like silvertip. I have to wonder if it is just pure or best, bleached and dyed to look like 3 band hair. But it is very dense with a lot of backbone and no real scritch. Lathers nicely and it was $26 well spent. The Pure brushes are great for the money. Not as dense but not floppy at all and very light scritch.

I have their 30mm "chubby" style brush. The knot was described as both Two Band and Silvertip (I guess that these descriptors are not mutually exclusive) and it has broken in beautifully. It could be my favorite brush. Seems to perform better with cream than it does with soap. Takes a lot to clean it properly, though. This is more a function of its size than its other characteristics. To me, it's comparable to Simpson best badger.

I really like the brush. Well made, good size, nice knot.

All except my very first brush that I ever made have been Virginia Sheng knots. I absolutely love the prices, quality and selection of sizes and grades that they carry. I even reknotted my Rubberset 400 with a V/S Silvertip and it performs exceptionally well with minimal shedding after the initial break in period:thumbup:

Top Bottom