What's new

Virgin Island Water dupes…

So I picked up a sample of Stirling Island Man and I really like lime forward scent that I’m picking up. But I’m a sucker for the performance of A&E so I got St Barts instead. But for me the scent is much more sweet and floral with the rum and coconut more forward and I’m missing the lime. Before I sell this set and pick up some Island man, has anyone used Sphinx Beard Caribbean Island for comparison? Thanks

You may already know this but the Sphinx soaps are made by A&E, and I believe some of them are the same scents released as A&E soaps, just private labeled for Sphinx. So Caribbean Island might be the exact same scent as St Barts.

You may already know this but the Sphinx soaps are made by A&E, and I believe some of them are the same scents released as A&E soaps, just private labeled for Sphinx. So Caribbean Island might be the exact same scent as St Barts.

while they are the same scent (homage/profile/notes), the scent itself, are made by different people. Peter (owner/founder of A&E) makes all the scents for the soaps that are available from AE/The Shaving Shop/Club. However, he only makes the base for Sphinx Grooming, and Alexandria Fragrances, where Hany (owner/founder of Alexandria), and another individual make the scents available in AF/Sphinx soaps. At least, this has been my understanding of the division of labor.

Yea I was aware that Peter made Sphinx products but wasn’t sure if he scented it with his stuff or something it’s Sphinx’s stuff. Thanks!

while they are the same scent (homage/profile/notes), the scent itself, are made by different people. Peter (owner/founder of A&E) makes all the scents for the soaps that are available from AE/The Shaving Shop/Club. However, he only makes the base for Sphinx Grooming, and Alexandria Fragrances, where Hany (owner/founder of Alexandria), and another individual make the scents available in AF/Sphinx soaps. At least, this has been my understanding of the division of labor.
Yea I was aware that Peter made Sphinx products but wasn’t sure if he scented it with his stuff or something it’s Sphinx’s stuff. Thanks!
I fully admit that i don’t know the details for sure, when I was looking at a couple Sphinx products it seemed like the scent descriptions were identical to the A&E ones (and I didn’t think that Sphinx would bring in a perfumer to do a scent that was almost identical to the A&E releases). I do know that some are definitely Alexandria scents, but maybe that could mean Alexandria did those scents for A&E in the first place! Who knows… Charky would probably be the best one clarify the details, I think he’s pretty responsive to consumer inquiries from what I’ve seen 👍

I fully admit that i don’t know the details for sure, when I was looking at a couple Sphinx products it seemed like the scent descriptions were identical to the A&E ones (and I didn’t think that Sphinx would bring in a perfumer to do a scent that was almost identical to the A&E releases). I do know that some are definitely Alexandria scents, but maybe that could mean Alexandria did those scents for A&E in the first place! Who knows… Charky would probably be the best one clarify the details, I think he’s pretty responsive to consumer inquiries from what I’ve seen 👍

Oh it’s all good. My only intent for bringing it up is that the scents themselves may be slightly different. Although they’re the same scents, each will probably have its own artists “spin” on it. Example: Spartacus from AE is different from Brasilia Smokey/Cologne even though they’re both based in Creed Aventus

I believe Hany (Alexandria) is brother to the guy who started Sphinx so I think Hany doubles down for both AF and Sphinx.

Top Bottom