What's new

Virgin Island Bay Rum

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
To get the full affect of this wonderful scent you need to splash some on followed by a sip of a mojito and a plate of oysters.

Im back to report. That is a deeeep burn. AwEsOmE!!! And for the scent, it is anything but overpowering once it was on my skin. Im a fan, its going to be a real contender in the fall!

Im back to report. That is a deeeep burn. AwEsOmE!!! And for the scent, it is anything but overpowering once it was on my skin. Im a fan, its going to be a real contender in the fall!

I'm proud of you, my brotha! To me it was a cool/cold weather scent also, but I saw some guys saying that Bay Rum is a hot weather fragrance.

I splash it on my neck and chest after I step out of the shower and rub it on my arms.

Welcome to the Big Leagues! That stuff makes my eyes water when I put it on my face...

Last edited:

Woot! \o/

"All aboard the Bay Rum Express, leaving on track 9 for Anaheim, Azusa and . . ."

David - Congratulations and welcome to the Bay.

Clubman4Life - I've often used BayRum and other traditional summer scents during the winter months. Along the same line, I used to use Tabac in the summer. Perhaps I'm looking for warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer.

This year, I'm more into seasonal use including Bay Rum this summer.

Pulled the trigger on the Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave, got it home, cracked the seal opened the bottle put it up to my nose and thought I had just cracked open a bottle of captain morgan's spiced rum. Dont think I will be using this. Kinda bummed.

Its very spicy, cinnamon smelling.

I could see maybe splashing a bit on around Christmas time but way to spicy for this spicy weather.

IMO
Mine smelled different as it aged. Great aftershave, and it's available everywhere. Smells more like cloves and cinnamon to me.
Put it away for six months, and revisit. If you still won't use it on your face then pour it in a spray bottle, and use it as air freshener.:lol:

I'm proud of you, my brotha! To me it was a cool/cold weather scent also, but I saw some guys saying that Bay Rum is a hot weather fragrance.

I splash it on my neck and chest after I step out of the shower and rub it on my arms.

Welcome to the Big Leagues! That stuff makes my eyes water when I put it on my face...

That's the way!

Woot! \o/

"All aboard the Bay Rum Express, leaving on track 9 for Anaheim, Azusa and . . ."

David - Congratulations and welcome to the Bay.

Clubman4Life - I've often used BayRum and other traditional summer scents during the winter months. Along the same line, I used to use Tabac in the summer. Perhaps I'm looking for warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer.

This year, I'm more into seasonal use including Bay Rum this summer.

Thanks guys! glad to be a part, cant wait until tomorrow, Im going to feel the burn again. lol!

I use VIRB year round, until just recently. SWMBO has fallen in love with the aroma of Special Reserve, so that has been my daily after shave for the past few weeks. I must keep the sweet wife happy.

Would you guys believe me if I told you that this is the Aftershave I use most? Im not sure how or why...but out of the 6 aftershaves that I own, this is the one that gets splashed on most.

Its a crazy world we live in.

Bay Rum is year 'round. I think the winter faction is mostly thinking of the clovey ones (Christmas and eggnog and such); the summer faction is mostly just thinking of Virgin Islands and sailors covering up their sweat...

They vary a lot, in terms of projection and in terms of cloves or other spices. You can find one for any season.

VIBR is an excellent bang-for-the-buck AS splash. And I don't care what month it is.

Would you guys believe me if I told you that this is the Aftershave I use most?

Awesome, I was a bit dismayed that you had almost given up from the initial smell. You can never judge an aftershave by how it smells on your skin. When the alcohol evaporates, it smells different. And likewise when it mixes with your individual body chemistry. Glad you gave it a second shot. It is one of the classics.

Would you guys believe me if I told you that this is the Aftershave I use most? Im not sure how or why...but out of the 6 aftershaves that I own, this is the one that gets splashed on most.

Its a crazy world we live in.

:thumbup: Same here. Can't beat the giant bottle for $7 and some change at the local drug store.

Clubman's take on Bay Rum is kind of like Errol Flynn as a pirate...slightly cheesy but inarguably a classic.

I love the stuff. It hurts as good as it smells.

Top Bottom