What's new

Virgilio Valobra Crema di Sapone Purissima Reunion

I recently rediscovered my Virgilio Valabro Crema di Sapone Purissima soaps that had "gone missing" under the sink of the bathroom my daughter took over for two years.

There was a plastic tub that I'd molded the almond scent into, a wooden bowl with the menthol , and a new menthol that I hadn't yet opened.

IMG_0254.jpeg

Very happy about this rediscovery but I couldn't decide which to try first...so I did both in a bowl lather. It was a nice shave, but the almond scent wasn't what I remembered. Couldn't decide if it was because I mixed the two or the almost three years since I'd used it.

So today I did a face lather with it.

IMG_0268.jpeg

Very happy to report that the scent was back and the shave was excellent...except for a couple of very small nicks which were either because I was concentrating on the aroma or because it was the 4th shave on an Astra Green Platinum (I'm changing it, next shave....just in case).

Must say that the Dirty Bird brush scuttle is a serious treat. Three passes and a touchup: lather stayed warm throughout. Loved it!

Next shave I work the menthol on it's own!

Welcome to B&B, Sir gitapik!!

Congrats on finding the Valobra!
Impossible to find those anymore!
So, enjoy!

I still have a little of my puck left and recently enjoyed it!!

valobra rudy vey pils penhaligon's endymion concentre april 8 2022.jpg

Welcome to B&B, Sir gitapik!!

Congrats on finding the Valobra!
Impossible to find those anymore!
So, enjoy!

I still have a little of my puck left and recently enjoyed it!!

View attachment 1438751
Thanks. This is a wonderful community!
Volabro was my goto for years. Got into some other great soaps just when Ava moved back in. Took those upstairs and left the tried and true under the sink.
Such a shame they’re no longer around but all good things….

Thanks. This is a wonderful community!
Volabro was my goto for years. Got into some other great soaps just when Ava moved back in. Took those upstairs and left the tried and true under the sink.
Such a shame they’re no longer around but all good things….

So nice you have daughter around!

So nice you have daughter around!
It was wonderful…if anything could be wonderful during two years of Covid. She stayed with us after graduating college.

She’s teaching ESL outside of Tokyo, now. Miss her very much.

That’s how I found the soap. I was cleaning out her things from under the bathroom sink. Nice find!

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom