What's new

Vintage Williams

I'd pay $10 for it. All the pucks I've used had a clean old fashioned soapy scent that I found appealing. They're small pucks and get eaten up quickly because of the way I load my brush, though. I know, monetarily it doesn't make much sense, but the just plain cool factor is through the roof. Unless the price is clearly out of line, say $15 or $20, I buy all that I find.

I received a puck of Vintage Williams from jbradley and am amazed at the lather I got. I'm not quite sure why Williams changed their formulation. As soon as this puck is gone, I will buy another one.

I'd pay $10 for a puck, easily. I've been lucky to find some for less, but the vintage stuff gives me as good a shave as any modern soap, and since they're not making it anymore the prices are only going to keep rising..... that $10 will be $20 before long and you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it cheap when you could.

Agree completely with this. Like Chris, I've also been lucky enough to find some really cheap so shelling out $10 occasionally balances things out. I could care less about scent in a soap, that's what aftershave and cologne is for, performance is number 1. And, like using vintage razors, brushes, blades and mugs it's cool using a product that was made 20, 30 40 or more years ago.

Of all of the vintage pucks of Williams, Old Spice,Surrey, Colgate and Rawleighs I've got none of them have gone bad in any way over the years/decades. A couple of them have had some dirt built up on the outside from setting uncovered for who knows how long but that cleans up easily enough.

Call me nuts if you like, but I will buy up every puck I run across, unless of course it is priced really outrageously.

i have bought a few pucks myself. $5 and $10 for the reg and $8 for a mentholated one i picked up this weekend. i didnt know they made a menthol version but the soap was still wrapped in the instructions how the heck could i pass it up.

with the colgate pucks u want it to say "cup" soap right??? not "mug"

i have bought a few pucks myself. $5 and $10 for the reg and $8 for a mentholated one i picked up this weekend. i didnt know they made a menthol version but the soap was still wrapped in the instructions how the heck could i pass it up.

with the colgate pucks u want it to say "cup" soap right??? not "mug"

I have used both and like them both about the same. Others haven't had much luck with the Mug version.

The one I opened has no odor at all, save for a "plain soap" smell. There was no wrapper, just the cardboard box. I have the first one in a sealed plastic container, absorbing a generic Aqua Velva clone aftershave, next to a puck of Kingsley (horrible smelling thing), and whatever was included in the bottom of my Surrey mug, all to end up much better smelling. The Kingsley has a long way to go, however, and I've replenished the AS in that container twice.

There is no list of ingredients on the Colgate soaps' boxes.

Based on the discussions in these threads, in between acquiring shaving mugs, I did bid low on a Williams offer that will add still another brush (I never really planned to collect any, those just all were along for the ride with mugs, like a couple of razors I had no plans for, either. like the black tip now on its way).

Top Bottom