What's new

Vintage Trac II

I picked up a vintage Trac that is the same model I used in the the later 70s. I have to say I was impressed. With Gillette Trac II blades I have a shave as close as my Single Ring DE razor. It was a pleasure to use and much easier to bring while traveling. Normally I use a Gillette Tech or an open comb model. All give me great shaves. It would be interesting to see how long the blade will last.

Ive got both a 70's and a newer Gillette Pll trac from india. Both shave very, very smooth and close. I do find the gillette none lube carts are easier on the skin than the india newer versions. I mainly use the older handle for travel.

Ive got both a 70's and a newer Gillette Pll trac from india. Both shave very, very smooth and close. I do find the gillette none lube carts are easier on the skin than the india newer versions. I mainly use the older handle for travel.

I have the PII as well, it's for all intents and purposes, a 70's Trac II.

Get the BEST shaves from it! Even with the Made in India carts. :D

I use a vintage Trac II Deluxe for travel, with vintage Trac II blades. I have a modest supply of carts. I find they provide a close comfortable shave. The main difference for me is my stubble comes back faster than my DE. I have only used the NOS Gillette carts, not any modern. The vintage give me an incredible amount of shaves. Enjoy our Trac II!!

I have a PII on its way, I can't wait! By the time I was old enough to shave, the Sensor was out, so I never got to experience the level of control of a Trac II (except on a Bic which I found pathetically dull). I still love DE razors as well, but there are times I've put off a shave because I didn't feel I had the time to be as careful as I need to be with those, and the Sensors I grew up with are obscenely expensive now.

I’ve got an old one for travel too (primarily carry on). I bought 100 Personna carts and they work really well too. And I also agree the shave doesn’t last as long as other meathods, but the blades have always lasted me a long time. Both number of shaves, as well as duration it stays on the handle

Top Bottom