What's new

vintage Schick injector on the way

I believe Schick had a plant in the Netherlands that pumped out Ls and the Platinum DE razors. There is an all white L1 made there that I need to find one day. I'm betting blade production ceased or they are no longer officially importing blades.

Schick first opened a plant in Sweden, later they moved production in the Netherlands. They produced a fair variety of type L injector razors. Black or white mostly but also some fancy colors like olive green and desert tan. Type Ls were mostly marketed as Schick II injector razor because they were often included for free with the purchase of the new Schick Twin injector blades. They also produced the Lady Eversharp Injector razor (yellow) and the Schick "500" (black) with the elongated type L handle and hydro-magic lever.

Schick Type L injectors were very popular in Greece while the Type M adjustable razor had a fair amount of success in Portugal and Spain. In the 70's Richard Hudnut Ltd became a Schick distributor in England and they tried to gain a marketshare in the shaving business but it was never very popular. In Italy, France and Germany, Schick injectors had a very lukewarm response and their diffusion was very limited.

A typical Schick II made in the Netherlands for the English Market:
Schick_II_England.jpeg

Last edited:
The razor arrived yesterday. It looks unused and came in the original box but without the blades. It still has the dummy blade installed. It's got more weight to it than I imagined. I ordered a 7-blade dispenser of Schick ("Chick") blades. Yes, they are pricey, but I don't intend to use this razor every day. It's the first SE razor in my collection.

View attachment 1543039
I'm 99% sure yours was produced in 1968, if you are interested in dating your razors.
That model was produced between March 1967 and 1972 but it looks like it was promotional kit given for free for testing the new Schick Super Chromium Krona-Crome injector blades that were introduced in 1968.

Last edited:
Top Bottom