What's new

vintage Schick injector on the way

I purchased this Schick injector razor off everyone's favorite auction site today. It comes with the box but no blades. Besides Schick ones does anybody have any other blade recommendations? :)

schick - 1.jpg

schick - 4.jpg

schick - 5.jpg

I have used a lot of Schick and Personna injector blades over the years and have come to prefer the Personnas. I purchase them from Connaught Shaving, and once I use up my last Schick blade I’ll probably stick to the Personna blades exclusively.

The Personna dispenser isn’t as good as the Schick one is but it works. All you can do is try both for yourself and see which one you prefer.

I have used a lot of Schick and Personna injector blades over the years and have come to prefer the Personnas. I purchase them from Connaught Shaving, and once I use up my last Schick blade I’ll probably stick to the Personna blades exclusively.

The Personna dispenser isn’t as good as the Schick one is but it works. All you can do is try both for yourself and see which one you prefer.

Thanks, I plan to try both. :thumbsup:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Has anybody tried the Taconic injector blades in the 20-count dispenser?

View attachment 1541163

Those are most likely re-branded Personnas - same dispenser, same number of blades ..not sure though.

Me I have found I greatly prefer the nos Schick Plus Platinum blades, for modern manufacture it is still Schick. The Personnas just didn't work that well for me on those occasions I've tried them.

Those are most likely re-branded Personnas - same dispenser, same number of blades ..not sure though.

Me I have found I greatly prefer the nos Schick Plus Platinum blades, for modern manufacture it is still Schick. The Personnas just didn't work that well for me on those occasions I've tried them.

Thanks, good to know. They were not too expensive for 60 blades. I am probably going to get 1 or 2 Schick blade dispensers to start out with. This razor is more of a collectable curiosity and won't be used every day on a weekly basis. I have DE razors and tons of blades for that.

garyg

They are Schicks made in China .. thus Chicks. The commonly available Schick brand blades that come in a sturdy metal dispenser of 7
. Much expensive than the Personnas

garyg

Nice collection there from White Rook! And I forgot the Supply blades .. likely as they are the most expensive while coming in the often problematic plastic dispenser, and not performing very well for me with respect to either sharpness or longevity ..

They are Schicks made in China .. thus Chicks. The commonly available Schick brand blades that come in a sturdy metal dispenser of 7
. Much expensive than the Personnas

The razor arrived yesterday. It looks unused and came in the original box but without the blades. It still has the dummy blade installed. It's got more weight to it than I imagined. I ordered a 7-blade dispenser of Schick ("Chick") blades. Yes, they are pricey, but I don't intend to use this razor every day. It's the first SE razor in my collection.

IMG_20221021_083512.jpg
IMG_20221021_083137.jpg
IMG_20221021_083407.jpg
IMG_20221021_083348.jpg

garyg

I'm afraid non US folks have to pay through the nose for injector blades, I don't know if the Schicks really made it overseas back when. I did have a Dutch one that was Red White & Blue for the Olympics if I recall correctly .. but think they were pretty much confined to the US & Canada. My local independent drug store kept Schicks in stock for me at $5.99, until they got bought out by CVS. Now the prescription service sucks and no injectors can be had

I have been buying old Plus Platinums when I can find them for less than a buck each. They give my tough old beard at least a dozen shaves, too many to count on a regular basis but I did try stretching them once way back and seems I got 19 shaves before the PP failed

I believe Schick had a plant in the Netherlands that pumped out Ls and the Platinum DE razors. There is an all white L1 made there that I need to find one day. I'm betting blade production ceased or they are no longer officially importing blades.

Top Bottom