What's new

Vintage RYTHMIC Safety Razor

It is the Multiplex five blade design manufactured by Ditta Multiplex, via De Amicis, 21, Milano, Italy. They used five separate blades locked in step-ladder style, each held in place by a numbered locking plate.

American patent No. 1920711 1 Aug 1933 filed 1 Nov 1929. Mino Pelizzola, via De Amicis, 21, Milano, Italy.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Guido, I think he is reffering to the one at the bottom of the page.
It looks like a DE that has an open cage system that rotates out of the way for blade insertion. Interesting design for sure

It is the Multiplex five blade design manufactured by Ditta Multiplex, via De Amicis, 21, Milano, Italy. They used five separate blades locked in step-ladder style, each held in place by a numbered locking plate.

American patent No. 1920711 1 Aug 1933 filed 1 Nov 1929. Mino Pelizzola, via De Amicis, 21, Milano, Italy.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So, for the record I'd like to shave with that!

Back to the Rythmic Razor - quite a weird looking one. I have pondered a couple on the bay, but I'm not even sure of what blade type it uses.

????

Guido, I think he is reffering to the one at the bottom of the page.
It looks like a DE that has an open cage system that rotates out of the way for blade insertion. Interesting design for sure

Sorry about that. The RYTHMIC is actually a double edge design manufactured by The Davies Razor Co., Ltd., Central Chambers, 93 Hope Street, Glasgow, British Patent N° 466228. The reference that I have states that it is a "Gillette Type" meaning that it utilizes standard DE blades. You can see in the third photo below a three post design that appears would have handled the early three holed blades. Very cool.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It looks like it would be absurdly difficult to load.

I'm guessing the top part of the head is stationary, and the bottom part lowers into the handle. But looking at the design, it seems like you would almost need to hold the blade by the sharp edges while putting it in.

Re: the Ditta Mvltiplex razor, I saw one on eBay over two years ago. Gold plated, engraved, like new, it went for over $1,800. Apparently, there is some collector interest in these, mostly in Europe.

-- John Gehman

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And people thought the M3 and Fusion were advanced. guess the multi-blade idea didn't catch on then and we ( us on B&B ) prefer the single edge 80 years later.

Here's an interesting bit on the Mvltiplex.

proxy.php
Oh my... So Gillette and Shick weren't first...

Відправлено з мого Meizu M2 через Tapatalk

Top Bottom