What's new

vintage retail shaving displays

Hi Folks..

I did a search on this and couldn't find a thread on this topic here.

I am trying to find images and descriptions of what the "product display units" / product wall racks / retail display signage etc that Gillette would have provided to their larger retailers so that they could display the stocks of Gillette razors in their cases (ie superspeeds, toggles, Fatboys, Slims etc) that they had for sale at the time on the shop counter tops or on back wall behind the sales counter etc

I am a bit surprised that I have found this information so hard to track down. Maybe its because I'm just a lousy "searcher"

I would appreciate any description, links and especially images of this sort of vintage razor related product. It must be lurking somewhere

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Folks..

I did a search on this and couldn't find a thread on this topic here.

I am trying to find images and descriptions of what the "product display units" / product wall racks / retail display signage etc that Gillette would have provided to their larger retailers so that they could display the stocks of Gillette razors in their cases (ie superspeeds, toggles, Fatboys, Slims etc) that they had for sale at the time on the shop counter tops or on back wall behind the sales counter etc

I am a bit surprised that I have found this information so hard to track down. Maybe its because I'm just a lousy "searcher"

I would appreciate any description, links and especially images of this sort of vintage razor related product. It must be lurking somewhere

Thank you

probably more fruitful to look for print ads.
alternative is auction sites.
flea market stuff will be very needle-vs-haystack process.

gillette ad 1952 blondie comic.jpg

probably more fruitful to look for print ads.
alternative is auction sites.

Thanks for the information. What an amazing image. I never knew that Gillette even advertised in comic books!

I have seen quite a number of vintage Gillette adverts. Etsy has heaps of reproductions of vintage adverts for Gillette as well as for most of the other main brands. There are probably heaps of these adverts on eBay as well.

But I'm not looking for the adverts. I'm looking for images / photos of the style and types of counter top display units that were used by the bigger retailers to display the razors and cases to the buying public. The vintage retail "point of sale" items as it were.

R

romsitsa

Hello, do a search in google images, there a shedloads of old Gillette displays.
For eg.:

Actual razor displays were rather small, window displays were oversized, but these went out of fashion around the 50ies, maybe earlier.
Besides Google, you can contact collectors, the Gilllette archives and take a look in the Gillette blade (company magazine from the late 10 till 30ies, available online).

Adam

Try the Sharpologist's web site Shavestraightandsafe.com page 2. There are numerous examples of vintage advertisements.

Here’s my Gillette counter top display case. Now it’s on a stand but I had it hanging from some IKEA brackets on the wall. Kind of a mess right now, I have too much stuff.

Attachments

• 75230E06-D340-40AB-8E70-0D210454B1D9.jpeg
    75230E06-D340-40AB-8E70-0D210454B1D9.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom