What's new

Vintage? Really?

strop

Now half as wise
I just got a phone call that really makes me feel old.

I purchased my first FP in 1979. It was an entry level MB, and even then was more than I could really afford, but Ramen noodles aren't so bad after you get used to them! I thought I had lost it years ago. I was recently going thru some boxes and found it, then remembered why I put it away. The internal plastic part was cracked thru. The nib and section remain in the cap.

I took it in to a MB dealer over 3 weeks ago to send it back to MB. Said they should know the damage to my credit card in a couple of weeks. I called tham at lunch today since I hadn't heard. The very nice lady agreed that it seemed like a long time, and said she would check and call me back. About 30 minutes later she calls.

"Since your pen is vintage they sent it back to Germany for estimate and repair"

Vintage? Really?:lol: It's kinda like walking thru the antique store and seeing everyday items, especially kitchen ware, that were everyday items in your home when you were a kid.

Some days I feel vintage, and some days I just feel "classic" :lol:

Oh, and I still eat ramen noodles, but now it's because I think they taste good :)

strop

Now half as wise
I think the last video game (in an arcade even) was Space Invaders. I assume that is considered vintage.

Top Bottom