What's new

Vintage razors - where do you find them??

I'm just curious to see where we all find the vintage razors we enjoy so much.
I have purchased six so far and all online- Ebay and Etsy. I haven't been to our local flee markets or yard sales yet.
Where did you find yours?

I got mine from eBay and Etsy, just like you. Unfortunately, for the past ten years, I lived in an area where they didn't have flea markets, yard sales, or reasonable antique shops.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Mine mainly come from Ebay or the odd antique/second hand shop. Not amy flea markets around my area. Any markets re usually crafty style markets or farmers type markets.

I've gotten my finds at antique malls. $8-15 for various Gems and Gillettes. Don't find many, mostly Gems, but have found 2 slims.

A lot of antique store and ebay listings are a result of estate sales. I don’t know that I’ve ever been to an estate sale, but if the advertisement included razors in the listing might be worth checking out. Not sure they go that far into detail for a $10 value item.

Small town antique stores. Most are in rough shape. Most are labeled Fatboy even if Tech or Slim. And overpriced. But once in a blue moon you can find something.

Mostly Ebay back in the day before things got crazy . My rural area has little to offer locally haven't found anything in over 4 years.

Dont mean to rub it in. Just lucky I guess, but I have found over 40 razors in and around Birmingham,Alabama area.You have to go to all the thrift stores,flea malls are a gold mine. Sometimes when I'm on a vacation I'll drop in the local antique mall or thrift store and see what they have to offer. You have to be diligent, always on the hunt.

One from the BST and 2 from eBay.

I haven't had luck at antique and thrift stores in my region, NYC. The one or two I do come across end up being too pricey. Came across a rough Slim and the seller wanted 60. Umm no.

Here are my $0.02:
1. Best bet is BST in terms of quality.
2. My best bet was to stop by antique shops or yard sales in terms of price.
3. Online the rule is to ask for photos, more photos and (especially) check out the vendor’s reputation.

Antique stores, flea markets, garage sales, BST. And to echo @BigJ's comment above, in terms of quality, our BST is the best bet. Be patient, I think half the fun is the hunt!

In my drawer. :) My first "proper" razor as a teen was a DE, and I had managed to keep it, along with one of Dad's razors.

I bought a couple of really nice ones from ebay (mint condition, but not terribly rare or expensive--I don't care about that), as well as a turkey (a SE razor that wouldn't clamp the blade properly).

Last edited:
Top Bottom