What's new

Vintage razor score at antique. Help identify please!

$razor.jpg$razor top.jpgHey Gents!! I scored this razor today at a local antique shop. It came in a small travel pouch with an old school Gillette blade. Only cost 10 bucks!! Not bad at all!! Can anyone help me identify what kind of razor this is?? Thanks guys!! Happy shaves!!

I have one of those, a Gillette travel tech. It makes a good razor when you put a full size handle on it.

Last edited:
Always a good find as while it is almost impossible to use one to shave comfortably (big hands) they almost always have near perfect heads and can be used with other techs with distressed heads and viable handles.

Always a good find as while it is almost impossible to use one to shave comfortably (big hands) they almost always have near perfect heads and can be used with other techs with distressed heads and viable handles.

+1 . . . and welcome home AsylumGuido!

Hey, I think some members have been wondering where you've been. I read a thread a while ago about it.

Welcome back. :badger:

Yep definately a Gillette Travel Tech. I just picked one up yesterday myself!!! Once you get used to it, they shave fairly nice, or like what has already been said, trade it out with a bigger handled full size!

Yep. Travel Tech. They put these out by the truck load for several years. I have one in a little case that looks like it was never used. I have yet to try it! I've been thinking about pairing the head with a custom handle. That shorty handle just doesn't do it for me. I wonder if anyone actually used these Travel Techs for shaving when they traveled? I just take a regular Tech or Super Speed.

I put a fine looking Travel Tech head on an R41 handle and it looked like a fine specimen!

I travel with my Travel Tech! I have a Bakelite handle that I keep forgetting to put in my Dopp as the handle really is a bit small.
proxy.php

What more do you need?

I never quite understood the idea behind travel razors. You pack clothes, shoes, socks and everything else in a suitcase, but a razor with a handle that's an inch shorter saves space? I think most of these are in such good shape because no one ever used them.

I never quite understood the idea behind travel razors. You pack clothes, shoes, socks and everything else in a suitcase, but a razor with a handle that's an inch shorter saves space? I think most of these are in such good shape because no one ever used them.
Nobody will steal it. And if someone does, I'll get another for $2 on eBay.

A Travel Tech!!! That was my first razor! I got one off Etzy along with a Flare Tip, but I liked the tech so much I had to go buy a full sized version (it really is a small handle). Just waiting for it to arrive, I can't wait!

Yeah for a very old razor, my travel tech is in amazing condition. Nice find! Enjoy.

I received one for a high school graduation gift (1969) and I remember using it once or twice. It shaved fine, but you're right, the handle it just too small. I had it around for years, but don't know what happened to it. I have four or five variations of them now--one even comes in a brass case with a tiny toothbrush and a tube of Ipana toothpaste--useless, but cool.

Top Bottom