What's new

Vintage Pinaud Bottle - Stopper Suggestions?

Did u get all of the stuff out of your bottles? Or was there still that white calcium deposit looking stuff on the inside? I still have a bit I just don't think it will budge. It does look better though.

I have a good friend who is into making his own bitters. He also uses small bottles to bottle them. He takes champagne corks and will actually sand them down initially with coarse sandpaper and then progressively finer paper. He will also send the top or the bulb of the court as well to make it look proportionate to the smaller bottle. They look great and give a custom look to the bottles.

Sometimes the old Pinaud bottles have different sized orifices. Easy bet is to measure the inside diameter of the orifice, trek to your local Lowes (or "Fill in the Blank" large hardware stores), and get three corks. The one you think is the best bet, one size larger, and one size smaller. They'll probably all fit in the bottle, but you may prefer a certain protuberance :). I've also been told to use natural cork, as much like a bottle of wine, some minimal breathing through the cork may benefit the scent.

$0EC15F67-B2C1-4F3E-B353-1F76B32DC432.jpg

Got four others (clubman bottles)on the way for each clubman AS plus two murray & lanman bottles for florida water & Rose cologne. And last but not least a hoyts cologne bottle. I also bought a bunch of different sizes of those rubber corks. I'll take a pic once all of my vintage AS/Cologne vision is fulfilled lol

The CLR helped a lot :) there is a few Clubman Pinaud Bottles on eBay that look pristine if you guys want them. Figure I'd let youz know.

Will post pics soon :)

Sometimes the old Pinaud bottles have different sized orifices. Easy bet is to measure the inside diameter of the orifice, trek to your local Lowes (or "Fill in the Blank" large hardware stores), and get three corks. The one you think is the best bet, one size larger, and one size smaller. They'll probably all fit in the bottle, but you may prefer a certain protuberance :). I've also been told to use natural cork, as much like a bottle of wine, some minimal breathing through the cork may benefit the scent.

View attachment 501458

did some of the clubman bottles come in that dark color? Or was it radiated?

Top Bottom