What's new

Vintage or Modern ... What's your preference?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Modern.

My only vintage DE is a birth quarter razor, which is owned for the novelty, not its shaving prowess. If I buy a razor, I want it to be from a current company that I can return it to if there's any issues with it. I don't buy second hand underpants either.

When I began collecting vintage DE razors I also started selling my modern razors. I no longer own a modern DE.
However, if my name comes up I am curious to try a Wolfman, and maybe depending on Dan's review of the Blackland Tradere I may again own a modern DE.

I like both. My favorite razor is my Timeless SS by a wide margin - but my two vintage razors are both fantastic in their own right and are a very different experience. I have a Slim and a '55 Flare Tip. Both are worth what I paid for them and then some. I enjoy the history they offer, and I enjoy how they shave. However I enjoy the shave from the Timeless even more. There is something to be said for modern razors that are masterfully made - they are standing on the shoulders of giants, if you will. Progress has been made if you ask me. But that does not negate the masterpieces of the past. Both are worth exploring in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I have a BBS now and a Fatip Lo Sorto OC coming.

We’ll see but I am not sure anything can top my love of my Red Tip....and my Slim on 5 is magic.

I have a 195 FB coming too, gotta see if the legend is true.

I got mostly vintage face scrapers. My RAD is torn between a Sword's Edge 'Cheadle' slant of recent vintage & a couple of Valet Auto Strops next spending spree. I'd need some Kai BEST blades to go with the Auto Strop duo though. Decisions, decisions ...

I''ve been kicking myself for not scooping the modern razors that seem to be "collector's items" nowadays. The PAA Alpha Ecliptic, the Fine Superlite Slant, the PAA DOCS in other than white one l have. If you see a cool razor you might like, GET IT. It may be unobtainium before you know it.

Top Bottom