What's new

Vintage Old Spice - What to do?

What should I do?

• Do not use it and preserve it for posterity.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use it and enjoy it.

Votes: 63 100.0%

• Total voters
I found this through an internet ad today for a very reasonable price. I have been wanting to try vintage Old Spice and figured if I ever got my hands on any that I would go for it. Well, now the collector side of me is all geeked out about using a completely untouched and intact mug set. Help me figure out what to do!

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_211326437-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210828_211326437-01.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210828_211342624-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210828_211342624-01.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210828_211431312-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210828_211431312-01.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 35

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As I've said before when presented with this dilemma, unless you think you're going to make a fortune by reselling it later, use it and enjoy it.
Otherwise it will sit unused until for whatever reason it passes into the hands of someone else.
If you don't enjoy it now, they will enjoy it later, and you'll be robbed of the experience.

s-l400.jpg

So I got a sample of this but, I have no idea from when it is from. This smells like my grandpa, and I like it, but, when I tried it for myself in the late 90's I didn't like any of the old spice products I tried, but, that was the deodorant only that I tried. I never used old spice. if I used aftershave back then it was brut, aqua velva or skin bracer. I also used aramis, cause my dad used it, and, Fahrenheit cause one of my girlfriends liked it. I say use it if you can get it. I don't really collect. in thatI like keeping only what I use and a few special items. software though has to be enjoyed. it can be a special occasion thing, but, it is made to be used.

s-l400(1).jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I found the same thing years ago. Used the soap, it was good. Not the mega soap many think it was compared to today's best offerings, but it is a truly good soap. Now I use the mug for other stuff.

Have fun witht that!

P.S. Oh, and about the A/S. I do like it, as well. In another forum it was determined that the Indian Old Spice is the Shulton your grandpa used to use. They used a mass spectrometer, if you can believe it. Comes in a glass bottle, too. I get them from India and shake them into my Shulton bottle using a small funnel. Great stuff.

Top Bottom