What's new

Vintage old spice finally taking the plunge.

So i finally did it.After looking at it,admiring it,smelling it,wondering who had it,i decided to use it.I picked the soap and mug up a week ago after remortgaging the house.I've wanted one for quite a while and bought it to use but still felt a little guilty that i was going to use it.It's made in England from late 60's to 1978 i believe.To make it extra special i used my 59(E2) fatboy and pre 1940's simpson eagle 1 in best.(Holel it was from blown up in the blitz in 1940)I managed to get a vintage bottle of old spice aftershave after selling the car.Well what can i say.I felt privileged to be using these gems from the past.I thought about the first person who bought the fatboy in 1959 as well as who bought the soap and aftershave.The shave was fantastic the soap was slick and afterwards i smelt like a blast from the past.Perfect.The scent is amazing reminds me of my father when i was a child.I'll use the soap a few more times to enjoy and then it will be for special occations like birthdays and Christmas.This will last my lifetime and it's nice to know one day someone else will be shaving with my fatboy and maybe my brush and mug.And maybe they'll be thinking,i wonder who had this?

Attachments

• 20210130_172538[1].jpg
    20210130_172538[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 33

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Great post! Also think it’s great to put those items into use and get pure enjoyment out of them. Sorry about the car though.....priorities.

Top Bottom