What's new

Vintage musk perfume (women's)?

To me there are two great classes of perfume for women: musk, and everything else. Mrs. Benzadmiral No. 2 used to wear the musk stuff, and it drove me crazy. I'd like to get some for Miss Linda too. I see there are lots of 3/4 full or NOS/NIB musk perfumes on The Famous Auction Site -- but I don't remember which brand No. 2 used ca. 1981-86. Coty? Avon? Amica Naked Musk Perfume Oil? Jovan for women?

What brands were easily found back then, and if anybody knows, which had that true musk scent?

To me there are two great classes of perfume for women: musk, and everything else. Mrs. Benzadmiral No. 2 used to wear the musk stuff, and it drove me crazy. I'd like to get some for Miss Linda too. I see there are lots of 3/4 full or NOS/NIB musk perfumes on The Famous Auction Site -- but I don't remember which brand No. 2 used ca. 1981-86. Coty? Avon? Amica Naked Musk Perfume Oil? Jovan for women?

What brands were easily found back then, and if anybody knows, which had that true musk scent?

out of my league!

what did Mrs. No. 1 wear?

No idea, frankly, which seems odd for me. I like Villoresi's Musk and it came out in the early 1990s, but to me it is more a unisex dark woody rose than a musk.

The Kiehl's Musk is exactly on the money, at least to my scent memory. Thanks for the suggestion, Midniterambler.

Tabu. Classic, not expensive, not heavy (it's cologne) and can be worn casually or a bit more formal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom