What's new

Vintage Merkur Slant - Replacement Handle REDUX Round III - Rubberized Black [PICS]

This round is a stainless steel tube coated with a rubberized coating - a pretty slick mottled matte black look I think, a la "Mad Max Meets Harley Davidson" of razors :)

I quite like this look and the feel is excellent - no slipping or sliding here.

Cheers All!

$rubber_1.jpg$rubber_2.jpg

I like this one a lot. Can the white coating on the knob be removed? If so, is it silver underneath?

Good question :) It's definitely plated underneath, I just don't know how much of it before the brass will show through.

I could very easily coat the bottom knob with black rubber as well. Maybe round IV? :)

/Rob

I'm shaving with this one this morning - will report back after but I have a feeling it's going to be good.

Just reporting back in. The rubber coating on the handle is FANTASTIC! Best grip I think I've hand on any razor.

The slant of course is just a brilliant shaver. Not sure if it's just these models, but I don't have any of the alignment concerns like I have when using my Hoffritz. The blade sits firmly on the posts and screws down straight every time. Little to no play on the blade when seated.

I'm a straights only guy, but I'm loving your Slant customizations!

I had a vintage Slant a couple years back, with the cracked white handle. Nice razor.

Nice!

I have a senator I coated like that.

I used painter's tape and covered the knob and the neck and head.

I used Plasti-Dip in a spray can.

This stuff is a matte finish, but when it's wet it's like uber grippy.

I also dunked a slim adjustable up to the adjustment ring in Plasti-Dip and it's one of my favorite razors. I had to cut above the knob with a razor after it dried thought to let it spin. It's a perfect alternative to a replate if you don't have the funds. It's also totally functional and looks nice.

Nice!

I have a senator I coated like that.

I used painter's tape and covered the knob and the neck and head.

I used Plasti-Dip in a spray can.

This stuff is a matte finish, but when it's wet it's like uber grippy.

I also dunked a slim adjustable up to the adjustment ring in Plasti-Dip and it's one of my favorite razors. I had to cut above the knob with a razor after it dried thought to let it spin. It's a perfect alternative to a replate if you don't have the funds. It's also totally functional and looks nice.

You have to post a pic of that slim adjustable! I'd love to see that!

/R

Top Bottom