What's new

Vintage Laces

IMG_2659.jpg

A while ago, I picked up a pair of suede Wolverine 1000 milers. I wasn't really in the market for a new pair of boots, but the color caught my eye and I thought, what the heck. Since I'm into my fourth week of working from home, I don't really have anywhere to wear them, but that hasn't kept me from messing around with them. One night, as I was aimlessly looking up things on line, I came across some NOS WW2 Marine boondocker laces. That seemed to be just the thing I needed. They are a kind of medium brown-burgundy color, and I think they look nice against the orange/tan of the boot. Are they authentic? Who knows. Anyway, once things return to normal. I think I'll put a Vibram sole on them. In the meantime, the dog says that they look pretty good when we go for walks together.

Great looking combo. What are the tips like on those laces? I like a metal tip if possible on outdoor boots.

Great looking combo. What are the tips like on those laces? I like a metal tip if possible on outdoor boots.
Unfortunately not metal. Now that I think about it, I don't have metal tipped laces on any of my boots these days. I did put kevlar laces on a couple of pairs of outdoor boots--they seem to be a pretty low-end improvement.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Who cares if the laces are real. They’re your boots and you can tell the story any way you like. Semper Fi, my friend. The laces look great and so do the boots.

Top Bottom