What's new

Vintage Kent?

I found this in a rural second hand store last summer/fall. All I have done is a dish soap lather to remove the boar odor. The knot was stiff and straight, showing no sign of use. It has bloomed a bit after cleaning.

I have google searched the Registered Design Number (935721) and discovered it was made in 1968, but I have not been able to determine the manufacturer.

Perhaps you gentlemen or ladies will know more.
IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

Back in their early days when they used decals they had two variations and this was one of them. They would put them on their hair brushes as well.
IMG_5259.JPG

Back in their early days when they used decals they had two variations and this was one of them. They would put them on their hair brushes as well.
View attachment 799432

Thank you very much. The added bonus is that it only cost $7. I have been reluctant to use it until I could learn more.

Nice score! Are you sure it's a Boar? Looks pretty Badgery to me :badger:

Thanks Mark, definitely boar which is good since I have quite a number of badger brushes.

I have one with the same handle but in badger. No sticker but it says Pure Badger on the handle. I had always assumed it was Kent since they made some with similar handles.

Found mine in an antique store for $3 in the 90's. Clearly had been used as a makeup/powder brush. It was the only shaving brush I used for at least 10 years until I found B&B. I did virtually wear it out as most of the hairs in the middle were gone. It now sports a TGN knot and is in rotation.

I have one with the same handle but in badger. No sticker but it says Pure Badger on the handle. I had always assumed it was Kent since they made some with similar handles.

Found mine in an antique store for $3 in the 90's. Clearly had been used as a makeup/powder brush. It was the only shaving brush I used for at least 10 years until I found B&B. I did virtually wear it out as most of the hairs in the middle were gone. It now sports a TGN knot and is in rotation.

Would you post a picture?

Nice score! Are you sure it's a Boar? Looks pretty Badgery to me :badger:
It could very well be a mix of the two, hence the "Pure Bristle" usually the decal stated when they were badger. Unless the person who slapped it on ran out of the badger decals and said *** it.
Thank you very much. The added bonus is that it only cost $7. I have been reluctant to use it until I could learn more.

Thanks Mark, definitely boar which is good since I have quite a number of badger brushes.
the only thing you have left to do is try to enjoy it. Hope it works out and you love it. Glad I was able to help.

I am 100% certain it is dyed boar. I used it this morning and I will give it a thumbs up. It most certainly needs to be broken in, but it already has a nice splay to it.

I am 100% certain it is dyed boar. I used it this morning and I will give it a thumbs up. It most certainly needs to be broken in, but it already has a nice splay to it.
Use it as your daily for awhile and fill us in on the break in progression and how you feel about it as time passes by. I'm glad you like it already.

Top Bottom