What's new

GIVEAWAY! Vintage Gillettes PIF

Hi all!

I've gotten a lot of help in my short time here so I'd like to pay it forward and give away some of the stuff I bought and tried out while I was looking for what I liked, and this seems like a good time of year to do it. The slim twist and superspeed were used once or twice tops, the others I never bothered trying. I have cleaned them as well as I could, but I do not have an ultrasonic cleaner yet, so you may want to sterilize them yourself.

This is completely on the honor system, but I'm hoping those in need, just starting out, or maybe knows someone who is that could use a new to them razor will take advantage of this. I don't have any soaps to give away, but I'll include some of the pictured blades with each. I'll take care of shipping.

I've never done one of these before, but I'm guessing the best way to proceed would be to reply to the thread, and then send me a PM so I can get a name and address, first come first served. If there is a better way I should be handling this, feel free to let me know.

giveDE.jpg

1. King C Gillette NIB

2. 1968 Gillette Slim Twist

3. Gillette 40s Style Super Speed - Y1 1953

4. 1940s Gillette Tech

I'm relying on the Etsy listings I bought these from for the model/year, as I am far from an expert. Also, I'm giving away a fair bit of stuff, so I'm asking for a bit of patience on the shipping. I'd like to make just one trip to the post office if possible :)

Very nice PIF. Fortunately, I am not in the group you want to reach….so, respectfully not in. Thanks for doing this.

Excellent PIF! :badger:
I've got half a dozen razors I haven't tried yet, so respectfully not in.

Great razors, but not in. I struggled when my kids were young, worked two jobs, went back into the military via the Army National Guard, finally retired from the military in 2017. I know what it is like to have little, and these days I know what it is like not to be in want. Great PIF and a great goal of helping those who need a hand or just starting out.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Respectfully not in, but a super PIF! A tech is a great choice for a beginner, and my experience with the KCG says it could suit a beginner nicely as well.

I know you want to keep it to the USA. But if you have a change of mind I would love to get my hands on a 1968 Gillette, its my wifes birthyear.
I would happily cover the shipping cost.
Have a great day.
Jay

Top Bottom