What's new

Vintage Gillettes attached to the Mirror

Hi. I thought I'd share my recent Den re-org. I went with these suction cups that attach to my Den Mirror over the sink. I used a p-touch label maker to attach an easily removable label so that guests who use the Bathroom don't have to ask me "What year is that"? I think they look nice reflecting in the Mirror. It would be nice if the Psycho Tech Key didn't fall out when the Razor is upright. Oh well. Just having fun in my Den this weekend ands I thought I'd shave with you. Happy Shaves!
4 Vintage Gillettes on Mirror.jpg

His idea works well with my shave den.
View attachment 1039956
SWMBO hasn't complained about it, too!
There you go. It looks great. So what is holding the DE blades? A magnet? Is that an old hot plate heating your bowl. I don't share my Den with my wife, she gets the on-suite all to herself. I use the downstairs finished fulll bath as my exclusive spa/bath/den. Our home gym is right beside my den so I go from running on the treadmill to stepping right into my shower and Den.

I'd be too worried about the suction being lost and whatever is being held up ends up falling and being damaged.

Magnets work well in a Den because so many small shaving pieces a made from steel. I like to remove and clean my blades after each shave and magnets help keep different blades in rotation. If I'm shaving daily I use the Feather ProGuards. If I have 4 or 5 days growth I will reach for the Feather Pro SUPER. But whatever you use Magnets work great in any Den. Note: Be careful with children in the home.
Magnets holding blades.jpg

I needed more shelf space in the Den so I installed these two Paperback Bookcases. PaperBack Bookcases work well in Den because so many pieces are small and fit nicely on a shallow shelf that won't impede walking into Den.
Den Pic of BookCase.jpg

More room on the counter top for the products I use most. Yes that's a 26ozs of Brut. Don't ask!
AfterShave.jpg

I'd be too worried about the suction being lost and whatever is being held up ends up falling and being damaged.
You'd think they would let loose. I have one in the shower and needed to lean on it the other day to steady myself and it actually held my weight like a tight post. Once you put that sucker on it is not moving until you pull the relief tab.

There you go. It looks great. So what is holding the DE blades? A magnet? Is that an old hot plate heating your bowl. I don't share my Den with my wife, she gets the on-suite all to herself. I use the downstairs finished fulll bath as my exclusive spa/bath/den. Our home gym is right beside my den so I go from running on the treadmill to stepping right into my shower and Den.
Those are wrappers taped to the wall, not actual blades. I store my blades in a container in a sink drawer.

Top Bottom