What's new

Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable - Spring Size

Does anyone know the size of the main spring (bottom) for the Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable? I lost the spring when I tried to reassembly back the slim adjustable and I could not find it. Also where can I get the replacement spring? I would truly appreciate if some can provide video to reassembly the slim adjustable.

Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks. I did sweep, used additional lighting and use a magnet, and still not able to find it. I also "recruit" additional eyes to look for it.

That may be a tough part to obtain. Also, over the years the spring might have changed during an upgrade.

You might consider buying another Gillette Slim and use the old Slim for parts in the future.

Consider the experience as a tuition payment in the school of life.

Don't give up on that spring, sometimes they can bounce pretty far away from your tinkering station.

gillette-slim-adjustable-hatchsolid-jpg.288521

slimwlines-jpg.288522

Image source: @srm_9200

Last edited:
Best way to find something is to wait til dark, turn off all of the lights, and then use a focused maglite or similar high powered flashlight as you'll be more apt to catch a glimpse of the part or a shadow of it when the only light in the room is the one you're controlling. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but try it, because the more light you have, the more distracted you become, and minimizing the light sources makes you focus on where the light is and that's it. The other thing is to keep your search methodically focused, and or try to replicate the event with another small part or spring. This coming from a guy who has found my wife's small emerald stud earrings more times than I care to remember both inside, and once outside the house: "somewhere over in this area, I think" as she motioned to the gravel driveway. "This area" contained a mixture of sand, gravel, white and black melting snow/ice/water. Well that, and tackle anyone that comes near your area before you find it. Maintain focus, Grasshopper, seek and ye shall find.

Thank you for all the information. I will see whether I can get other spring in the home improvement store.

You are in luck, I've just checked in my razor project box and I've found spring for a Slim. I'm fairly certain it's from a K-2 1965.

Just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you tomorrow.
Are you in North America?
You are in luck, I've just checked in my razor project box and I've found spring for a Slim. I'm fairly certain it's from a K-2 1965.

I do not know how to PM you. Sorry, I have never used any forum before.

A.) Somebody buy @Maxime D. a drink.
B.)are you able to post to post the spring size, people will definitely have the same question.
C ) is the spring size the same for the slim and the super?

I moved my pointer to your name but there is no "Start Conversation" tab. It only showed you date joined, etc

A.) Somebody buy @Maxime D. a drink.
B.)are you able to post to post the spring size, people will definitely have the same question.
C ) is the spring size the same for the slim and the super?

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the Slim & S.A have center-shafts the same length and dimension. So, I would assume that the springs are the same as well.

Here's all the information I can provide:

Spring Diameter: 2/8
Length: 5/8
Wire diameter: 0.031"
Number of coils: 7 active + 2 dead (squared & ground ends)
Material: Likely stainless or else they'd be rusty by now.

spring.PNG

Top Bottom