What's new

Vintage Gillette DE question?

I'm wondering if someone may know more about this Gillette DE set I just picked up. It was way too cool to pass it up. Also, any idea on value? I want to be sure I'm not overpaying on stuff. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389134532.873546.jpg

Thanks, and I was not aware of that so thanks. I was only wishing to be sure I wasn't throwing away my money.

Thanks, I was happy to get the blade holder and the case. It has some definite wear but quite a bit of character.

Thanks, I was happy to get the blade holder and the case. It has some definite wear but quite a bit of character.

Price is just a number. The important thing to remember is that it "caught your eye" to the point where you wanted to purchase it. The "New" is a crowd favorite here and with the right modern blade will provide you with some great shaves. Clean it up and enjoy it!

Frank

Very true words. I think once I get it cleaned up a bit, an Astra blade is going in it and I'll check it out. Is it copper or just plated? If plated, any suggestions on having it fully restored (new plating and all). I'm thinking that would make it ideal. Thoughts?

Top Bottom