What's new

Vintage French Horn Brush? Plisson Made?

Got this in the mail today. The top portion is horn and the bottoms is some sort of plastic. It is marked Isinis Pur Blaireau. Didn't know if this was a independent manufacturer or if it was relabeled for resale. I haven't used it yet, just lathered it a few times. It was unused when I got it.

It's 20mm knot with a loft of about 50mm. And from what I can tell from lathering it's a pretty dense knot too.

I have found that they have made and still make hair brushes in France with the Isinis name on them. But that's all I could find on it.

Found this old thread with a very similar looking handle. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/112358-Vintage-Horn-Plisson

Thoughts?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423023253.144382.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423023267.260324.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423023278.726789.jpg

Last edited:
I do believe you have a rebranded Plisson, but I don't recognize that handle style. I have had a few Plisson rebranded brushes myself, including Perlex, Medicis and Joris. That particular brush looks like one of their Pure knots so it will probably be quite scritchy.

At the price you paid for it I agree it was worth the chance. Heck, even if the knot isn't great you could reknot it and come out ahead. It would be hard to find a horn handle alone for less than $50.

Top Bottom