What's new

Vintage Falcon Pipes "DON'T DO THIS"

If you should find a vintage Falcon pipe and want to clean and restore it here is one thing you SHOULD NOT TRY TO DO!!!
If the black mouthpiece does not want to move when you try to twist it DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE IT!!!
I just completely trashed a Falcon bent stem with the letter "C" stamped on it.
The mouthpiece is attached to the aluminum tube that runs down the middle of the stem and if you twist the mouthpiece too much it will break that tube.
Not all Falcon pipes are like this but apparently some old ones are.
I have a DR. Garbow Viking and a KoolSmoke and I like the way the metal stems keep the smoke cool so when I saw the bent stem Falcon I had to have it. $20.00 down the drain.

UPDATE: After looking at the Falcon for a couple of days I realized I could replace the broken center tube with a short piece of aluminum tubing from a Hobby Shop.
I've been working on it for the last 4 hours and have all the parts cut, bent and ready for assembly. I'm going to buff and polish everything first to make it look like new.
I think I can do something interesting with the extra tubing I had to buy to get the right size I needed.
When I'm finished I'll try to get some photos posted here.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Good to hear, and looking forward to seeing the result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not only the old Falcons that have the non-removable bit. My less than two year old classic Falcon is the same, not removable.

Top Bottom