What's new

Vintage - educate me

lol. Awesome post!

Dentist: Asked mine to get a spit bowl. He said 'No'.
Physician: Asked mine for sulfa drugs for a chronic thing. She said 'No'.
Plumber: Asked mine for copper pipe. He said 'No'.
Heating: We fell, buck, hand split and stack wood. 4 cords a year. I do use a power saw though.
Cooling: Open the windows at night shut 'em during the day.
I like old razors.
Anyone who digs Milton Friedman can't be too far off. :smartass:

I'll probably get blasted for this but it's my personal opinion and nothing more so please be kind. Personally, I have yet to find a vintage razor that'll give me the shaves that I'm getting from my modern all stainless steel razors....
When someone tells me that the best razor they've ever shaved with is a vintage Gillette model 123 they don't usually compare it to a newer Timeless, ATT, or Wolfman razor.

I don't have a Timeless, ATT, or Wolfman razor, but I do have a modern all stainless steel Rockwell 6S. I find myself picking up my vintage Gillette Short Comb New more often than the Rockwell. I love the feel of it, both in my hand and on my face. As always, YMMV.

I don't have a Timeless, ATT, or Wolfman razor, but I do have a modern all stainless steel Rockwell 6S. I find myself picking up my vintage Gillette Short Comb New more often than the Rockwell. I love the feel of it, both in my hand and on my face. As always, YMMV.

If you find yourself in the group that prefers a $30 razor over a $230 razor then consider yourself a lucky man. I do wish that it worked that way for me as I've accumulated quite a few high dollar razors.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Are vintage razors all brass? When did Zamak take over?
Around the Korean War for Gillette. Nothing wrong with Zamac if well done. There are brazillions of Zamac Gillette Techs still in use today.

Top Bottom