What's new

Vintage Dusy Kabinette Shaving Soap

Well...I bit the bullet and got a sample of the Vintage Dusy Kabinette Shaving Soap on Etsy. Seeing some good feedback in comparison to its "parent" Karl one. Excited to see how the sample turns out.

It's nice soap! Leans slightly towards a girly rose scent instead of a nice powdery rose scent (like GFT rose soap).

I'm down to my last 30 grams of the stuff but in my rotation, it'll last me years still!

I'm not sure if Dusy Kabinett is so vintage. After Klar Kabinett was discontinued, Dusy became its successor. It is a hard soap, sold as two bars, 250 grams each. So, half a kilo or more than a pound.
Everybody here is talking about Tabac, but Dusy is the best kept secret. It's the hardest soap I have, probably has the miraculous property of regenerating itself (otherwise I can't explain to myself why it never seems to show signs of "wear"), is slickest than any other soap I used so far and is extremely easy to lather. I swear I swirl a well shaken Omega boar on the un-bloomed surface and I always end with more lather than I need (I face lather, only one pass).
So, 500 grams of very hard soap, easy to lather than Tabac, ten-star slickness. The smell is roses. Don't worry, it's not sickly gross or woman-y and it'll quickly dissipate. Just take into consideration to grate it in the mug or your bowl of choice - do not microwave it.

Found this one in USA:

Anyone know where you can get this in the U.S? Looks like the above etsy page is down

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Anyone know where you can get this in the U.S? Looks like the above etsy page is down

I haven't seen it for sale in the US other than the linked Etsy page above or BSTs.

The above etsy shop should be back open in a week or two, I think. It sounds like Keith just got buried in orders and wants to concentrate on getting them out. His Etsy store is more of a hobby, he has a day job.

Pretty much unattainable here unless you know someone that has it. You could try posting a "Want to Buy" post in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum (you will need at least 50 posts before the system will let you do that).

It's sold quite cheaply in Germany at barber supply stores or Ebay. You'd have to find someone who would ship to you in the U.S. Shipping would probably cost as much as the soap, guessing $40-50+ total delivered for 500g.

Top Bottom