What's new

Vintage Coticule Glue... separation/cleanup?

Does anyone have any experience deliberately separating vintage glued coticules from their bbw? I've had many that came apart on their own which I bought, but I've never tried separating any that were holding. I'd like to separate and flip certain glued combos that were hybrid on the bottom of the yellow.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I’ve done it once on a vintage. I put it in the oven at 200 degrees, left it for 10 minutes and then checked it every 5 minutes. I don’t recall the exact time but in less than 30 minutes I was able to pull it apart.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Hot Florida sun for the day or 180 degree over for 30 minutes gave me good luck if vintage. Had no luck on contemporary stones yet

Thanks everyone. I was hoping heat was gonna be the solution. I'll update on results once I get it done.

I’ve done a lot, a few just to see what was underneath, and some because they had over time moved so that the two pieces weren’t sitting flush
I normally use a washing up bowl of which I run increasingly hot water into (hot tap is near boiling on full heat)
Usually separates fairly quickly and the gradual heat up prevents any damage from sudden heating
Rob

Top Bottom