What's new

Vintage Coffee Mug find!

Hi all,

I was just exiting the "Men's Room" of my local "Thrift Shop" and as I was walking back into the main area, I viewed a multi shelf unit with about fifty Coffee Mugs of all types/shapes and sizes. I swear, I'm getting REALLY good at recognizing (even from a distance) vintage/quality items apart from the "also rans". This is to say, I was able to spot this awesome vintage Coffee Mug amongst others (fifty or so) Mugs. In fact, to me, this Mug stuck out like the proverbial sore Thumb! I quickly checked it out....sweeeeet, VERY NICE condition....Hell, it's in nearly new condition! Price ? One dollar!
Yes! On the underside of this heavy Mug was the following :

upload_2019-5-28_21-5-43.png

upload_2019-5-28_21-9-2.png

SixCats!

Hi @ajkel64, Thank you my friend. I suspect the number on the bottom side of the Mug is the date made 1943.
Man, that is twelve years older than I am thus, making this (near pristine condition) Mug 76 years old! Wow!
Ooooh, too crazy, believe it or not, today, I went to a seldom visited, Thrift Shop. LOL, I don't know what I'm going to do with them all but, lol, I found (and purchased) SIXTEEN old/heavy duty "Syracuse China" # 25-0 Coffee Mugs! LOL. I mean, come on, what are the chances lol.
(borrowed photograph) :
proxy.php

The site I borrowed (the above photograph) is offering for sell SIX "Syracuse China" Mugs for FIFTY dollars!
Today, I purchased sixteen Mug for twenty five CENTS each (four dollars total). These are VERY nice Mugs also in pristine condition however, these Mugs are not quite as cool as the (one) vintage Warwick 1943 Mug I purchased.

SixCats!

Top Bottom