What's new

Vintage clubman shaving soap

Hi everyone,

I've scored myself some vintage Clubman shaving soap. In an old Bakelite container. It is currently in the mail to me but I wanted to share, I couldn't wait.

Photos below, it turns into an ashtray when you've finished with it. No idea what the condition of the soap will be like but for $2 on an auction site and $4 of shipping... why not?

Anyone ever seen this before?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Had no idea Clubman made a vintage soap. Excellent score! Most vintage soaps loose most of their scent, but hopefully it still has some of that classic Clubman scent and good performance.

Had no idea Clubman made a vintage soap. Excellent score! Most vintage soaps loose most of their scent, but hopefully it still has some of that classic Clubman scent and good performance.

Yes, this. I'm expecting most of it to be gone. However it looks unused almost. I'm wondering if the soap below the surface will be any better.

I also need to decide if I keep it in the container or transfer it to something new.

Congratulations!

Last year or so a very vintage Pinaud Clubman soap sold on eBay. It was a round container made of wood with a flat lid in a larger wood or heavy cardboard shipper type shelf display box. I tried to bid on it but got left in the dust.

This is different. They must not have made much or had a very large distribution network back in the day.

Great find.

Is this a 'Pinaud' Clubman?

Congratulations!

Last year or so a very vintage Pinaud Clubman soap sold on eBay. It was a round container made of wood with a flat lid in a larger wood or heavy cardboard shipper type shelf display box. I tried to bid on it but got left in the dust.

This is different. They must not have made much or had a very large distribution network back in the day.

Great find.

Is this a 'Pinaud' Clubman?

I'm not 100% sure it's Pinaud, I certainly hope so. The font on the label looks to me like something they would make. It also has the little R for registered trademark so you would think it would be a certain scale of enterprise to have that.

If anyone has any info or links to what they did and didn't produce, that would be great.

For what it’s worth I got the soap and it smelt like a worse version of an Arko stick. Bloody disgusting.

I ended up disposing of it - just because something is old does not mean it’s always good...

Top Bottom