What's new

vintage butterscotch simpson polo 14 best badger..

I received this vintage simpson polo 14 best badger from the USA .Specially thanks to my dear friend Eric forward me this big brush.. it cost me 73.77 $ sure worth for this amount.. I think its a show piece..
Handle :82mm
Loft height:67mm
Knot :34mm

im not sure production date but it must be old because of the butterscotch Patina..
After few test lather brush bloomed very beautiful. it has best badger stamp but im sure hair quality very close to todays super badger..

Attachments

• $pl14-1.jpg
    $pl14-1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 266
  • $pl14-5.jpg
    $pl14-5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 266
  • $pl14-3.jpg
    $pl14-3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 264
  • $pl14-2.jpg
    $pl14-2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 264
This is a beautiful brush; thank you for sharing it with us. AFAIK, Simpson used the catalin phenolic brush handles through the end of the 1980s, so the brush dates back to before then. Most striking to me is the vast difference in bristle quality in the older brushes.

To make the good doctor envious is quite an accomplishment. :wink2:

The bristle looks beautiful. What a truly gorgeous find!

Beauty! Is it just me, or is the waist on this Polo more petite than current stock?

Reminds me of some of the vintage PJs floating around. Very narrow-waisted.

To make the good doctor envious is quite an accomplishment. :wink2:

The bristle looks beautiful. What a truly gorgeous find!

Reminds me of some of the vintage PJs floating around. Very narrow-waisted.

The knot is interesting, too, as the band has the same reddish cast as the one in the vintage 57 I picked up from Aaron622.

The knot is interesting, too, as the band has the same reddish cast as the one in the vintage 57 I picked up from Aaron622.

I've wondered before if the coloring was like that from new (a certain badger from the times) or if it gets like that under certain conditions with age.

I've wondered before if the coloring was like that from new (a certain badger from the times) or if it gets like that under certain conditions with age.

I am guessing new, because the reddish cast is the same on melyus's Polo and my 57, but his handle is full blown butterscotch and mine is just starting to turn.

Thats a Beautiful Simpson and if I told you Im just a little Jealous Id hope you believe me ! Simpsons are my Favorite hands down !

I am guessing new, because the reddish cast is the same on melyus's Polo and my 57, but his handle is full blown butterscotch and mine is just starting to turn.

The tips look very similar to the tips of the current two band hair Simpson is using, they taper. Man, melyus' polo feels soft even through the screen.

Top Bottom