What's new

Vintage butterscotch brush, vintage gillettes and schicks

I’ve got a handful of things here for sale. Prices include CONUS shipping and I’ll accept PayPal GS payment only.

First up is a nice vintage butterscotch shaving brush. On one side it says “Made in England for Brooks Brothers Established 1818.” When I first got it, I was unsure of the maker. While I thought it was a Simpson’s brush and I’ve also seen similar handle shapes for Brooks Brothers that appeared to be rooney, someone had suggested the sticker suggests it was an uncommon Benwell brush. Whatever the case, it’s got the great vintage butterscotch color. I’ve not noticed any shedding, though I’ve never used it - just rubbing my finger over the bristles. Handle is about 2” tall and a hair over 1 3/8” in diameter. Knot loft is about 2” and appears to be a bit under 1” in diameter, though I’m eyeballing and don’t have calipers for a more precise measurement. I’m asking for $50.
IMG_3315.JPGIMG_3316.JPG

Next up is a Gillette short black handle (roughly 3 1/4”) adjustable. I seem to recall these being called Black Beautys. Date code is U4 if it matters. Adjustability works fine and doors open / close well. I’m asking for $30.
IMG_3317.JPGIMG_3318.JPG

Next up is what I’ll call a “cased lot” for which I’m asking $50. It includes the following:
  • A Gillette Khaki set. User grade at best. The head with the US Army stamp has a bent tooth. I don’t think the old type razor is original to the set (note also the loose ball end if forced and slight crack).
  • Some sort of Gillette New Tuckaway set. It’s missing the lining to the top on the interior, but the case is otherwise not too bad. Teeth look straight, though it’s seen some use and could use a clean up.
  • A Gillette Milady Decolletee set. The hinge is broken but the case is otherwise decent. Teeth are straight. Ball end is loose if forced.
  • A Gillette Old Type set. Case is a basket weave pattern. Interior has seen better days and razor needs a clean. Teeth look good but ball end is loose if forced.
IMG_3305.JPGIMG_3308.JPGIMG_3309.JPGIMG_3310.JPGIMG_3307.JPGIMG_3306.JPG

Next up is a few user grader starter sets.

First up is starter set one. Asking $35 and it includes the following:
  • A gillette old type. Neck piece is loose if forced. But it’d be fine for shaving and could be secured with superglue or the like. Teeth look good.
  • A gillette new. Teeth look good.
  • A gillette tech. Some minor pitting to head. But it’d be a fine shaver.
  • A schick injector with case. Not really sure what to look for here as I never have gotten into single edge razors. But everything looks fine to me.
IMG_3311.JPGIMG_3312.JPG

Next up is starter set two. Asking $30 and it includes the following:
  • a Gillette New. User grade and needs a clean, but functionally fine.
  • a Gillette Old Type. Ball end and neck secure. Very minor bends on two end teeth.
  • A Schick injector. Again - not really sure what to look for here but everything looks fine to me.

IMG_3313.JPGIMG_3314.JPG

Next up is starter set three. Asking $20 and it includes
  • A gillette new. User grade and could use a clean, but looks to be in fine functioning shape.
  • A gillette old type. Ball end is loose if you force it, but it’d be secure for shaving and could be superglued if desired. Teeth look fine.
IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPG

Top Bottom